Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-03-2005, 02:30 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Just a few rambling thoughts from my current game...

... Foiled by a ring! I was trying to enter Dragonspire, but was beset upon by a group of thieves (the human kind, whose name escapesme). The battle was fought in the doorway, and after the battle, I couldn't get into the Spire! Turned out to be that some of the loot they dropped was preventing the door from shutting. Once I picked it up, the door could close and I was able to tackle the Bronze Beast. Never had that happen before...

... Sorcery may not completely impact one's ability to learn spells. My new samurai, ninja, and ranger (all former warriors and barbarians) have all achieved level 7 or greater in their spell schools, but do not get offered level 7 spells. They get everything up to there, but not the top. Their sorcery skills are all around 1... I will keep an eye on things and let you know when they can learn the top spells.

... Blessing can be extremely expensive... or not! My paladin went to bless a bunch of Dragon arrows, but the cost was over 3 million GP! I couldn't justify it, and I didn't want to spend hours in arbitrage. But wait... what if I bless just one? *THAT* was only 64,000, so it was blessed and the ranger had a new arrow to fletch! I hadn't noticed that before...

... Can anyone else besides a bard use instruments? I'm thinking that when my bard changes, those precious lyres, pipes, and flutes will become just so much firewood. Pity if the instruments are truly limited to just bards...

...I may have messed up my game by casting firestorm on Kol in the Spire. I did it before he talked, and now I can't seem to find the Taranta Queen. I've got Xignal's walkthrough printed out, but she seems to be gone I'll confirm whether this is a problem or not later tonight.

That's all for now. We're ready to finish the Spire and move on towards Brimloch Roon.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 03:13 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Interesting if there is a connection between Kol and the taranta queen. After all she is guarding one of the dragonshards that kol wanted to hide, so there may be a connection.

Interesting observations. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2005, 03:27 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmm very interesting!!

I did know about the problem with the Spire doorway, had that happen to me and I seem to remember someone having their horse's head sticking through the door - strange!

There aren't so many locations for the T-Queen to be but to not have her show up because of Kol?? Do let us know! While the shards are most often found in the same places - I don't think it's a given. I'm sure I had one game where I found a shard in a completely different location than normally expected.

P.S.(I preordered Dungeon Lords finally! )
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:00 AM   #4
jsalsb
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Just a few rambling thoughts from my current game...

...I may have messed up my game by casting firestorm on Kol in the Spire. I did it before he talked, and now I can't seem to find the Taranta Queen.
I remember not being able to find that shard, even though I *thought* that I had searched the entire zig-zag Taranta Queen area thoroughly. I then re-searched the whole of the spire before returning to the zig-zagging area only to find that I'd missed one turning and that there was still some zigging to do... and there was the Taranta Queen - and the shard!

and... I thought you couldn't reach 7th level spells unless your character started as a native caster in that realm?

Keep us posted!
Old 01-04-2005, 06:56 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

1. The door in Dragonspire. It's normal [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
2. Sorcery. Sorcery does not affect your learning abilities at all, it affects power of the cast spells. The magic school skills: I've never experienced not getting spells, which I should get. What character level were your guys? Do not forget that you cannot learn spells of higher level than your character level.
3. Blessings. Sure, if you try to bless 10 arrows at once then you will pay 10 times more. You need to split the pack of arrows first if you don't want to enchant the whole pack.
4. Instruments. Everyone with the Musician trait can play instruments, you need not be a bard.
5. The Taranta Queen. I don't think it relates to Kol. If the queen weren't somewhere in the maze then it was a bug in the game most likely. If the chest with the dragonshard was there then nothing is lost - except those 40 000 XP.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:07 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I've checked the basic things on the spells. The characters are all at least level 9 in their classes, and they've got at least level 7 in their native spell schools (in all spell schools they have, actually). I'll check again when I get to game (either tonight or tomorrow night).

I'm really looking for the third shard, and not so much for the Taranta Queen. But I know it's with her, and I haven't seen it yet. I'll do some more exploring to make sure I haven't missed a turn either [img]smile.gif[/img]

And thanks for the update on instruments, Radek. I've never played a bard through this far before... kind of interesting, actually.

I guess I never had loot fall in the doorway before, so it never affected me. Makes sense, though...

More later, I suspect.
-+-+-+
Old 01-06-2005, 12:21 AM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Tonight's update... found that passage I missed in the cracks and crevices, and found not only the Taranta Queen, but also the final shard. Met Kol and Erathsmedor, and for kicks, I cast Firestorm on Kol. Didn't bother him, and it didn't bother the big guy, either [img]smile.gif[/img] Fortunately, it didn't make him made at me...

The bard switched over to become an assassin, and I had to reload to do it -- I forgot that you really want to switch classes *BEFORE* you go around collecting XP for performing quests [img]smile.gif[/img] The 2000 from the Bandit King quest made her second level instantly, and the 1000 for the Serpent's Eye quest made it most of the way to the next level. A couple of random encounters to hit level 4, and then good ol' Grue Morde took her to level 5.

Having a musical assassin just appealed to me some how... guess I'm a little twisted that way

We're now standing in front of the BR gates, ready to head in, level up, and buy a ship.

More later, when possible.
-+-+-+