Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2006, 01:01 AM   #1
Raffin
Dungeon Master

I'm playing a run through of Tactics BG2, and I want to get rid of Jaheira (sp?) so I can get a sixth NPC temporarily for quests (like D'Arnise, Book of, etc.). Is there a way to tell her to leave that won't make her angry/keep her from being regainable later? Or is there a place where this must be done?

I've done similar ejects in BG1 without problems (I almost never play with Khalid and Jaheira on BG1), and I'm curious what the MO for BG2 on this is.

-Raffin
Raffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:09 AM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

The only thing I could think of is to leave her in a separate area, kick her out, then move away so she can't initiate her kicked out dialogue. Then when you go back to the area, she'll start that dialogue and you can just say "No no, my mistake, blah blah blah." This worked in BG1. No idea whether it'll work in BG2. The big problem with Jaheira is that you'll kill the romance by kicking her out, and she can become unrecruitable, but I don't know the specific conditions for this.
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:30 AM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

As a general rule, don't boot NPCs when they're unhappy with the way you've been running the party (if they've been complaining about your Reputation/Virtue). Get the party to a Rep/Virtue that they're happy with, then boot them, and they should stay where you put them, or go to a place where you can re-recruit them later.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:11 AM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
True Moose has a good idea going.. The only problem I foresee is that in BG1, if a character was very unhappy they would just talk about how the don't like you and leave. If you have a rep of 1, for example, Viconia will "make sure" you want her to leave... but I do recall her insulting me and leaving when my rep was high and she was unhappy. If it's true for all of the NPCs, it won't work.

But, if they're happy, and you can't leave the area or pull another nifty trick like that, you can always leave them in a safe place, petrified. Lifelike statues can add a touch of class to any stronghold.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:34 AM   #5
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

petrify, thats a good idea.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:48 PM   #6
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Petrify!? Wonderful ! kinda sorta sets their stats "in stone",,,,so to speak..

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote