Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-08-2001, 11:22 PM   #11
Squealer the Timid
Welcomed New User

From memory, I think I "hastened" everyone before i went in -and summoned as many monsters as possible while my archers went mad then ducked out the exit again as soon as possible. saved waited and repeated while the beholders are concentrating on my monsters I'm outside using healing magic/potions .. when I'd run out of summonable(?) monsters, went back in with acid arrows and magic missiles
Old 10-09-2001, 04:38 AM   #12
Hojou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok thanks everyone, i think i'll try the "hit and run" tactic
Old 10-09-2001, 09:30 AM   #13
crimsonson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have my my ranger double wield axes, Minsc double wield long swords, Valygar DW Katanas, Anomen with Flail of the Ages and Inomen with a bow. Edwin just Magic missle away. My strategy through out the game or lack of it is pretty much pure fury in the least time. I killed the weaker Beholder in a round and took the Elder Beholder in 3 rounds or less. I barely put on protective spells unless face with a magical enemy that is superior.

Old 10-09-2001, 11:42 AM   #14
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well... I just done that area with my Necromancer.

I loaded a Spell Sequencer with 3 Flame Arrows and instant killed the Beholder. With the Beholder out of the way, Korgan and my Swashbuckler attacked the Elder Orb, Korgan disrupted its' spell-casting with Frostreaver( elemental damage), while William stunned it with Celestial Fury.

Azrael hogs the battletext window.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 10-09-2001, 01:02 PM   #15
Haladar
Dungeon Master

if you have a paladin equip holy avenger (50% MR) and just stroll in there, also use a load of magic missiles on the elder orb to soften it up first. After that, and a hit or two from carsomyr, a second magic missile volley will finish it. Then just cast a few spells and get every1 to attck the basic beholder it will fall quickly. Battle won in 3-4 rounds. (I did this with a level 14-15 party with no trouble)

--------------
Haladar
Mithril Cavalier of ALSB