Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-10-2005, 09:42 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yep, time to be drawing your attention to the little graph in the upper right corner of the page. It's donation time, to try to get enough funding to keep IW going. It costs Ziroc $200 per month (on average) to host this site, with all the forums and everything else. If you can spare a buck or two, please donate to help keep the site up. We're already mroe than halfway there, and we've got a week to go.

IW members come from all ranges of life... from those folks still in school, whether that be university, high school, junior high, or something else, all the way to folks who last saw a school during grandparent's day. The closer to the beginning you are, the harder it is to donate.

Please understand that there are no hard feelings for those who don't donate; heck, you've all got lives and things to deal with, and you have to prioritize what you do. There's just appreciation for those who *do* donate, that they allow us to keep these forums going a little while longer.

If you can donate something, please do. Even a buck or two will help. If you can't, don't worry. Choc still considers you one of his favorite playthings anyway.

Thanks, all.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 02:02 PM   #2
Mr Creosote
The Magister

I'd be very happy to donate $50 or so in principle, as I am someone who has used the Ironworks sites on occassion, but I hold back as just about all the site seems way out of date, well I should fairly say the bits of the site that I go look at.
PLEASE - that is not a criticism in the slightest, I understand how tough it can be to devote time. Just I feel if I donate I would wish to see it for an up to date website with current resources, not full of "New" stuff that is now several years old.

I realise I will prolly get castigated for posting this, but I mean it in a positive criticism way even if its not taken that way.

Sorry if I have offended anyone.
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Creosote:
I'd be very happy to donate $50 or so in principle, as I am someone who has used the Ironworks sites on occassion, but I hold back as just about all the site seems way out of date, well I should fairly say the bits of the site that I go look at.
PLEASE - that is not a criticism in the slightest, I understand how tough it can be to devote time. Just I feel if I donate I would wish to see it for an up to date website with current resources, not full of "New" stuff that is now several years old.

I realise I will prolly get castigated for posting this, but I mean it in a positive criticism way even if its not taken that way.

Sorry if I have offended anyone.
You won't get castigated here.

Dan/Ziroc runs this place totally on his own and he does not make any money off of it. While he has moderators to help him watch the message boards, he's the only one doing the non-board pages. He really puts a lot of time and effort into IronWorks.

The forums really seem to be what is most important about IW and that's where Dan puts most his time and it personally doesn't bother me too much that he doesn't devote time to updating the non-board areas. I've used them now and then but mostly I'm here in the W&W forum. He does a lot of the design work and has tweaked the board with add ons so that it is more useful to members and moderators alike.

I think it is worth a donation to keep the boards going and I've made donations when that has been possible. If you'd like to see more work done on the non-board areas, write Dan and tell him. Dan's a great guy! Tell him how you feel!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:52 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I will echo Wyvern's comments... You won't get flamed or criticized for expressing your opinions here. By and large, everyone acts like mature responsible adults, no matter what their ages are [img]smile.gif[/img]

Let me add that Ziroc has recently added one of the moderators as an assistant webmaster. That may lead to some of the changes that you'd like to see, and I can tell you that Ziroc is always open to ideas and suggestions. Part of the challenge is in figuring out just *how* to do it. There are only so many hours in the day (and he's already working 14-16 of 'em on the site).

So... no offence intended, none taken. Constructive suggestions are always welcome, and the more specific the better [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote