Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 12-04-2000, 03:19 AM   #1
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Yes, that's right boys and girls! We have an update at the Archive, a new chapter by Lily!
Come and join the fun. Don't forget to vote in the polls, if you please; I'll be taking down the ones on the main page tomorrow.

Ask Shinwicki is still going strong! 137 unique hits in just a couple of days. Shinwicki thank!
He also told me that he may have something "special for warm-skin" up there soon.. no telling what it could be! So, if you haven't voted in Shinwicki's poll, you may want to do so! Be good warmskin!

On a non-related note, EA released the demo for Alice in Wonderland last night.. I'm downloading it right now (another 8 and a half hours to go, with my whopping 1.85k/sec download speed.. love my dial up connection! *sigh*) Don't forget I also have pictures of Alice on the site as well.

The Wizards and Warriors Story Archive
Old 12-04-2000, 02:15 PM   #2
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Oooh, I just finished the Alice in Wonderland demo! Great stuff. The music calls to mind "Got a Feelin'" by the Mamas and the Papas..which happens to be one of my favorite songs, so, bonus! The gameplay is great, and the voice-casting is spot-on. Especially the Chesire and Alice. it's kind of like a combination between The Cell, Eraserhead, and Naked Lunch, add a dash of Brazil, and stir. Oh, and Lewis Carroll too, of course. Why do I mention this here? Well, because I referred to it in the above post. It took me 10 and a half hours to download it, and worth every second
Old 12-05-2000, 01:02 AM   #3
Lily the Ranger

Alice gives me the creeps, Freud. But I like you! That song by the Mamas and the Papas, I always thought it would make a lovely theme song for the movie "Misery" . . . that was a creepy book and movie. Bye archive wizard!

Old 12-05-2000, 07:03 AM   #4
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

That it would! I loved the book, but I never saw the movie. Have you read "The Plant" by Stephen King? It's an online-only dealie, and it's quite entertaining.

Another 60's folk song I love that I always thought was creepy was "Scarborough Fair" by Simon & Garfunkel.

Have you seen The Cell by the way?
Old 12-05-2000, 01:22 PM   #5
Lily the Ranger

No, I remember hearing about that book online, but I never searched it out. I'd have to print it out because I like to curl up with my reading. (I LOVE my new flat screen . . . my right eyelid no longer goes "tick, tick". I love Simon and Garfunkel, must get them on CD as the record player is going away. (No one can breath if we play records). Haven't seen the "Cell" yet. Watch most movies on tape as we like to insert our own dialogue and this is frowned upon by others in at theatre. I can't blame them . . . I wanted to strangle the fellow arguing with his wife on his cell during the last Star Wars. Yoda and Obi are debating whether to train Vader and the guy behind me is having his own debate. Throw phone in pond!!!!

I think perhaps we should put up missing posters for WYVERN. Reward many sacks of yellow!!!!

Old 12-05-2000, 01:39 PM   #6
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Two of my favorite S & G songs that rarely get airplay are "The Only Living Boy in New York" and "A Most Peculiar Man". Of course, of my all time favorites are "Bridge over Troubled Water", "The Boxer", and "Mrs. Robinsion."

Speaking of music, did you ever get a chance to download and listen to the Story Archive
theme song?
Old 12-05-2000, 06:50 PM   #7
xenotoca

S & M oh sorry S&G hmmmm not my cup of coffee (despite being english I hate tea)
Now what you want to listen to whilst playing W&W is Tales of Mystery and Imagination by The Alan Parson Project (yes them that was mentioned in the spy who shagged me). I love "A cask of Amontillardo" (ideal for the booger caves) and of course "the raven" when casting spectral raven spell.

Old 12-05-2000, 07:11 PM   #8
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Sounds like some Poe rumination.. though he has the handle on imagery, you can't deny the fiendish beauty of the mamas and the papas... namely he glory of Midnight Voyage
Old 12-05-2000, 10:26 PM   #9
Lily the Ranger

This thread should be name your favorite song to play by. I was fighting Xydusa while playing "Spirit of the 60's" and started with In-a-gadda-da-vida by Iron Butterfly. After 4 reloads I finally finished with only one character stoned but all alive to "Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire. Sometimes I like the music from Immortal Beloved (lysandra's song?). I haven't downloaded the music cause I've never done that (that's right folks, this girl only learned to attach things three weeks ago . . . oh, my God, step back she's technologically challenged!). I shall enlist the Computer Paladin's aid soon though.

XENOTOCA! You don't like tea?! Are you REALLY English? If you say you don't like fish and chips . . . I will wonder!

Oh, the sounds in the Mama's and Papa's Midnight Voyage . . . I turn it up really loud so no one can hear me "sing".

Old 12-05-2000, 11:57 PM   #10
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Midnight Voyage.. god, that's a beautiful song, The harmony during the middle of that song It's as if they pause to say "Yeh, we rock. We gots the funk. We are of glory, and all that the 60's embody, cupped within our trembling hands."

I've always thought the best concert would be Bob Dylan, The Mamas and the Papas, Jefferson Airplane, and Simon and Garfunkel, with special guest appearance by Peter Paul & Mary. Guess that's not going to happen, though, heh...