Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 05-28-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

And I thought my traveling comrade was kidding. Apparently there is a dark elven "power ranger" inside of Level Thirteen who says they might have a job for you if...
you successfully kill off every single non-plot, non-merchant dark elf inside of the city.

What the HELL?!?

I am almost tempted to try that out, but I figure to get around ten people (level 30 characters or higher) armed with a few dozen Harm spells and at least three new people to collect everything dropped. I mean, by the time you were done, every person there should have made at the very least twenty million gold from selling everything that had been dropped by the people you had to slay.

The Drow Power Ranger does say that it is nigh-improbable that you would attempt such a thing, and then ends the conversation. Realistically, a single player COULD take on the entire city and win, but it would take a terrifyingly long time even with TimeStop scrolls and Devestating Critical on your side. Is there are a small (but preferably LARGE) group of players interested in actually trying this potential quest out? I, for one, want to see what the crazy dark elf has in store...
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:21 PM   #2
javan
Zhentarim Guard

*raises his hands* [img]graemlins/jumpclap.gif[/img]

Pick me! Pick me!

I volunteer! hehehe...

I have a few characters who are crazy epic enough to try it.

It would probably have to be a weekend job...Saturday night probably ... when you could get a crowd of people for the event...

*imagines a squad of elite adventurers clearing out a Drow city* [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

*shivers with anticipation*
Old 05-28-2006, 06:53 PM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Rats; I didn't know about the quest...If you've ever heard me talking about starting a riot, that's what I meant. Wonder if I can get back credit? ???
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 07:29 PM   #4
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

So does this mean I have two interested parties? Yes, I know this would HAVE to be held on a weekend in order to be successful. The chances of a significant number of players with high level characters on during the week would be slim. Of course, we could always MAKE them higher level by having a mass group do all the quests with a host of lower level characters... but that takes planning and plotting as well. No, would have to be during the weekend. Probably best not to have all level 40 characters, given the amount of experience that is bound to be generated by such an effort.

[ 05-28-2006, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:38 PM   #5
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmm I think I have accidently made the whole city agro before. It took ages and I think we cleared everyone but the quest didn't activate or simply isn't there.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:52 PM   #6
Stormshadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I would definately be up for this...and I am certain that the wife would be too.
Stormshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:19 PM   #7
roddybug
Manshoon

This is a quest that I've never heard of before so I'm interested. I've turned up on level thirteen to be greeted by lots of little piles of remains before so there may be something in it, but I think that I trust TDC on this one. I'm usualy kind've busy on saturdays but if it's an american evening I may be there, I'll try an pop in next saturday/sunday (for me). Don't wait for me though, it'll be very late here.
roddybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:48 PM   #8
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

This may have to be set up as a "Show And Slay" kind of deal: drop-ins welcome, encouraged, and probably required. Anyone looking to start off a character and pick up free (or relatively cheap) items would be well advised to find guides down to Level Thirteen. Spellcasters would be more than welcome, as distance attacks (via scroll or memory) will be greatly appreciated. Those used to taking (and giving) beatings would also be appreciated. Heck, I am sure I could make a character starting tomorrow that would be able to "fund" would-be adventurers with items and cash to get themselves ready for such an event. (Wait a second, that would be most of my characters over 30 levels now that I think about it...)

Any players you see online that are starting out, find out if they would also be interested in trying to see if this quest really does exist? If it doesn't exist, however, the worst that would happen is a mad rush to clear out the Drow Proving Grounds, numerous jaunts into the Melairkyn area (with a lot of healing scrolls), and perhaps a few people doing the other quests found on Level Thirteen. (The Lake of Shadows and The Void Plain may not have quests, but there is plenty of XP to be had for the right group of adventurers.)

[ 05-28-2006, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
Old 05-28-2006, 11:51 PM   #9
Stormshadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I talked to the Power Ranger and did get to the point in the conversation where he says that if you kill all the drow in the city he may have a job for you. Then I proceeded to kill everything except the Nobles (which are invulnerable), the merchants, and the quest specific drow. I did not enter any of the buildings, but killed everything outside except those mentioned above. Then went back to talk to the power ranger and got the same options. Now I may have missed a random guard or something, but I don't think so. I walked the city twice after I thought I was done just to be certain. So, either there is no quest, or you have to get everything in the houses as well (which could also mean the DPG?) Anyway, I am still up for trying it again in a group as well.
Stormshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:05 AM   #10
darkmage87
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I TOLD YOU HE SAID IT!!!!!!!
darkmage87 is offline   Reply With Quote