Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2001, 05:56 PM   #1
Dog of War
The Magister

OK so here are a few changes I would make...Maybe spoliers maybe not.. so don't read if your new...

1. Have different colors for positive and negative effects on attributes. (mentioned in several posts)

2. Reputation can go higher , no donating allowed, for worshipped, godlike and...maybe lower than 1, such as, everything attacks you, people spit at you, or maybe feared where everyone runs or faints.. Cool!

3. A better one handed Paladin Weapon... A long sword and shield. Maybe something used together, works even better. creates a sort of synergy.

4. Remove the memory cacheing problem. I hate reloading my system two hours into the game because my p1000, 256Mg,64 mg video, decides to run like molassis on a stack of pancakes.. (Yes, i should leave after two hours and walk around my yard or something.)

5. Do we really need all those spells? espcially the ones no one.. uses... EVER.

6. I am sure there is more.. anyone else have thoughts?
Old 03-07-2001, 06:01 PM   #2
MORDRICK THE MAD
The Magister

Already posted this but lose the crap paperdolls and stupid looking weapons and go back to the bg1 ones.

------------------

At an early age, Mordrick the Monk showed Promise!
Old 03-07-2001, 06:05 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Dog of War:
OK so here are a few changes I would make...Maybe spoliers maybe not.. so don't read if your new...

1. Have different colors for positive and negative effects on attributes. (mentioned in several posts)

2. Reputation can go higher , no donating allowed, for worshipped, godlike and...maybe lower than 1, such as, everything attacks you, people spit at you, or maybe feared where everyone runs or faints.. Cool!

3. A better one handed Paladin Weapon... A long sword and shield. Maybe something used together, works even better. creates a sort of synergy.

4. Remove the memory cacheing problem. I hate reloading my system two hours into the game because my p1000, 256Mg,64 mg video, decides to run like molassis on a stack of pancakes.. (Yes, i should leave after two hours and walk around my yard or something.)

5. Do we really need all those spells? espcially the ones no one.. uses... EVER.

6. I am sure there is more.. anyone else have thoughts?
hehe, i can fix the paladin long sword problem

Old 03-07-2001, 11:29 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

As many have said and suggested, take out "YOU MUST GATHER YOUR PARTY BEFORE VENTURING FORTH."....
Other thoughts:
-more NPC sub-quests, more romance, random encounters like Fallout 2??
-more EVIL NPCs
-more general side-quests
Hmmmmm....that's it for now....

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-07-2001, 11:39 PM   #5
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

Also

-More Side quest for the Evil and Neutral caracters

-Give the abilty to evil caracter to disquise themselves like the assasin, so if he has a rep of 3 they he disquises himself and if it work it makes the shop keepers and people belive he's a average 9 rep person.

-Give Evil Caracter more depth, A Zenthrahim Lawful Evil Caracter would be despisesed in most cities but in Zent Keep he'd be a freaking hero!

-Make other adventuring parties that , help, ignor or come in conflict with your but give them depth also. Like if you kill the leader's girlfriend he may go Berserk like minsc when Arie is dead.
Old 03-07-2001, 11:40 PM   #6
Sir Markus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree, WAY too many spells in this game. Also, put the spell name, not just the symbol, on the spell icons so at least you know what you have ready. Also, make it possible to right click on the spell icon to get a description from the game screen.

The designers went overboard with monsters that cast 'posession' spells. I can't remember the last time I fought a battle with all of my guys under my control, or having to cast spells to prevent the problem.

Also, insteal of just giving an 'Inventory Full' message when trying to put an item in a character's inventory, have the screen give that message AND switch to the characters inventory with the item so you can exchange it with another item. The way it is now, if I want a character with a full inventory to take an item, I have to exit the character who has it, go to the other character, remove an item, go back to the other character and THEN transfer the item. If the screen would go to the character I'm trying to give the item to, that way I could just exchange items directly without having to clear out a space manually.

Either give more inventory spots, a house to store items in, or start combining special weapon abilities. You have Extra damage to dragon weapons, extra damage to giants weapons, extra damage to undead weapons, heaven knows how many different types of arrows, all combining to make inventory management a major pain in the neck. I say give the character a house with chests where they can keep extra stuff.

[This message has been edited by Sir Markus (edited 03-07-2001).]
Old 03-07-2001, 11:46 PM   #7
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

LOL I forgot about that, I think the designer gave in to a little back lash from all that charming we did it Bg 1, Nothing like a taste of our own medicine.

But I miss the fact that you could interogate someone under a charm spell and sometimes they would give you extra info.
Old 03-08-2001, 12:32 AM   #8
Aurican
Elminster

What I think would be cool is subtle classifications of each class. Meaning this: If I had a fighter that's specific weapon expertise included a halberd or a spear or something like that he'd be called a Man-at-Arms. A thief, that can sneak and use daggers in a high degree would be some sort of assassin, so forth. Ultima Online used this method and even though it changed nothing in the game, it gave it that much more depth in character development. Basicallt depending on what type of magic you use, or weapons or other skills you possess. Elemental mages would rock also.

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?
Old 03-08-2001, 07:31 AM   #9
Lord Shield

I'd like them to regress to the Trap types in BG1, where you see the oncoming effect and can dodge it. Additionally, if somebody targets you with a spell and you run, it should not follow you around corners, even beyond the normal spell range!!