Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-03-2005, 03:53 PM   #1
vbartuccio
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Location: Brook Park, OH, United States, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, 4th dimension
i'd like to know some tips for killing erathsmedor and the living tree.
my party is very powerful but is still in need of exp.

also-do i enchant or bless my armor to have extra ac(artifact of stone) it says i need other enchants/blessings even though i already have artifact of stone
Old 05-03-2005, 04:29 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, vbartuccio! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] May you find the answers to all your questions...

Now, for killing the big guys... attack often, and don't get hit. It's really an exercise in patience, and if you're patient enough, you can kill them. I killed Oakenmir once, and raised my assassin from level 20 to over level 50. And quite frankly, those extra levels don't make enough difference to me, so I leave those NPCs alone. In the original design of the game, there would have been a consequence to violating your sacred oath like that...

As for extra armor protection, you do need to bless with the artifact of stone spell. However, the message you're getting is not about the spell, but about your bless skill level. You can add one blessing for each point of blessing skill you have. If the armor is AC+3 and your skill level is 3, you can't add any more enchantments until your skill level goes up. So the max number of enchantments or blessings on a single item is 12 (14 if you're an enlightened zenmaster).
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 04:36 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, vbartuccio!!!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:36 PM   #4
vbartuccio
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Location: Brook Park, OH, United States, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, 4th dimension
i'd like to add that i followed your advice and i have artifact of stone, blessing 5 and the trait needed for blessing but it still won't let me bless anything. instead the message "You need other blessings for this" shows up still
Old 05-03-2005, 08:27 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Yeah, welcome to the board. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2005, 09:29 PM   #6
Mierkos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Sleep Spell works great on the Amazoni Mantraps and Jungle Lillies AKA salads. Sleep prevents them from using their breath weapon and lets your fighter close for melee and you have tossed salad in no time. I got this tip from another post
Old 05-14-2005, 09:47 PM   #7
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by vbartuccio:
i'd like to add that i followed your advice and i have artifact of stone, blessing 5 and the trait needed for blessing but it still won't let me bless anything. instead the message "You need other blessings for this" shows up still
Did you try adding any other blessings to the armor before? Even though you haven't added any AC to it, if you've already added other blessings to it, you may have to raise your blessing skill to add more to it.
B is right, you need to bless the armor using the artifact of stone. You can't bless a weapon for extra AC protection...or else we'd all be untouchable [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:36 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

I highly recommend the Merlin's Shield spell. It makes magic attacks of the "big guys" completely useless. Note that the magic attacks can be really dangerous:
1. Erathsmedor casts Dragon Breath, which can cost a lot of HP each of your party member.
2. Oakenmir casts Locust Swarm and Whirling Dervish, moreover, he can summon trees, which also cast Locust Swarms. Once, when I tried to pass without Merlin's Shield, I lost more than 800(!) HP during the combat.

When you are shielded, then the big guys are doomed to their physical attacks. Well, the attacks aren't a kiss from your mother at all but they must decide to hit you instead of casting the spell first. And they prefer the spells [img]smile.gif[/img]

As far as blessing is considered, nothing extraordinary can be suggested. Take into account that both big guys have thousands of HP, especially Oakenmir. An attempt to get them with an ordinary dagger is doomed to failure. You will need good weapons, that means weapons enchanted for damage. Moreover, you cannot get these guys quickly. That means, your weapons need some toughness or they will break during the combat! Toughness 50 should be enough.
As far as armor is considered, it is useful but not critical. When you get hit then you get hit. Period [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Equip the best armor you have but you need not create a special armor for the combat or wait until you get some splendid armor somewhere.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:26 PM   #9
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Hrms.... I think I did pretty well casting Firestorm on the Big Oakenmir... Trees + Fire = bad. lol