Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-24-2004, 11:16 AM   #11
Animal
Gold Dragon

The MX series for Logitech is great, especially the mouse. Previously cordless mice have been crap for games such as FPS where you need precision and immediate response, but this is a thing of the past with the new gen MX mice. I' currently using an MX700. I can move the mouse as fast as I want and have yet to notice and delay or inaccurate mouse position reporting. Go get one, you won't be disappointed.

As for keyboards, you can pretty much grab any one you want that has the features you need. Again, I'd suggest a logitech unit that matches your mouse, so you have compatibility with style.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:32 AM   #12
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
im using both bluetooth (for my cellphone) and Wifi to connect my computer to a lan based network. No problems at all but I only use my blue tooth for like 1hour at most so the problem may not be shown easily.
As I suspected. Wifi uses a Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum physical layer and Bluetooth uses some Code-division multiple access technique. The point is, they can have different codes for different networks to spread the signal with so they shouldn't interfere. It's just that people keep going on about how the 2.4GHz band is crowded with Bluetooth and Wifi and loads of other stuff using it.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 05-24-2004, 11:44 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

All the info is there, you just need someone to interpret it for you? Or are you just lazy?

You've known me too long, haven't you Uncle Vask...

Old 05-24-2004, 01:41 PM   #14
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Yep, yep, far too long
Old 05-25-2004, 08:28 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

OK, I'ved decided to get a Logitech MX Duo. Thanks for all the advice (even Uncle Vask [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

Old 05-25-2004, 08:47 AM   #16
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
OK, I'ved decided to get a Logitech MX Duo. Thanks for all the advice (even Uncle Vask [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).
Smart choice! You won't be let down I'm sure!

Also if you like FPS check out the Belkin Nostromo N50 and N52 gamepads. I have one of each and they are the ultimate for FPS. I find that the keyboard can make your hands quite tired after lengthy gameplay whereas these not only sit your hand on them perfectly, but also are more user friendly in my opinion.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:18 PM   #17
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Whaddaya mean "even me"??! I am by far the most helpful person on IW! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2004, 12:32 PM   #18
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Great choice mem... looks cool also