Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-08-2001, 06:44 AM   #1
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

I am using a bog standard fighter as mty PC. He is a dual weilding fella who is proficientin both katanna and long swords i have a few really good swords such as....

Blade of roses

Equalizer

Daystar

Flame tongue

Dragon Slayer

and another one i forget the name of but its bloody great. I was jusrt wondering what are the best 2 swords of theses styles i can use together.
I hope you can help.

Thanks

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: BALROGBANE ]

Old 11-08-2001, 06:54 AM   #2
Keylow
Manshoon

I'd probably hav Celestial Fury in my main hand (that's probably the sword you find so great!), and the second weapon would depend on the enemy.
Daystar against undead, Dragonslayer against dragons. Blade of Roses is pretty good tobecause it's +3 and the other swords are +2
Old 11-08-2001, 06:56 AM   #3
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

So you don't rate equalizer? And yes that was sword I forgot the name of.
Old 11-08-2001, 08:53 AM   #4
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

Any more combo's would be good.

Thanx.
Old 11-08-2001, 09:06 AM   #5
Ares

It depends upon which weapon category your more proficient in. if more Katana, place the Fury in the second hand, if more long sword, place Daystar (all time fav) [img]smile.gif[/img] in the second hand. My fighter uses Daystar and Dragonslayer as its main swords, switching to the Flame tounge when i feel like it . Daystar is +4, not +2..right?
Old 11-08-2001, 09:08 AM   #6
Kaleban
Manshoon

Seems to me that a pretty kick arse combo would be the Celestial Fury and Blackrazor (if you can acquire it). Blackrazor is basically the toned down version of Elric's Stormbringer...
Old 11-08-2001, 09:11 AM   #7
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

Where is this blackrazor or elrics stormbringer?

Does any one use the equalizer?

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: BALROGBANE ]

Old 11-08-2001, 09:20 AM   #8
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

IMHO Equalizer is not NEAR worth the trouble you have to go to to get it. Of course, my Paladin uses Carsomyr +6. Misc's got the Psionic Sword+5, but Foebane +5 is pretty good,too. I never got Crom Fayer
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-08-2001, 09:33 AM   #9
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
IMHO Equalizer is not NEAR worth the trouble you have to go to to get it. Of course, my Paladin uses Carsomyr +6. Misc's got the Psionic Sword+5, but Foebane +5 is pretty good,too. I never got Crom Fayer

What is Foebane? Is it a long sword?
Old 11-08-2001, 01:10 PM   #10
OmegaKiller
Elite Waterdeep Guard

spoiler
You get the blackrazer sword when you enter hell to fight iranicous for the final time. On one of the demons, you have to chose the evil route by killing the genie. The demon will actually give you sword with the listed benifits.
now with all the other swords like the Forbane +5 and the Carmosy +6 are actually tob are found in the throne of bhaal addition. You can get the carmosy +5 from Firkrag and upgrade in the later addition

OmegaKiller

*I am the final death

**The destroyer of the Keldorn order