Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-18-2001, 09:45 AM   #1
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

So after all my questions i need an overall soloution.

It seems best to leave out viconnia.

Who is the best cleric type charachter to use considering i wish to use edwin?

oh and can you still get edwin if you choose to work for Bodhi?

Does being a half orc effect things at all?

any suggestions for a perfect party would be greatfully recieved aswell.

Thanks for everything.

[This message has been edited by BALROGBANE (edited 10-18-2001).]
Old 10-18-2001, 09:51 AM   #2
mitsos

There is no general perfect party. It's according to the characters and classes you want to play with, as well as the choices you want to make(good or evil) and finally your own personal gaming style.

As far as the best cleric is concerned, I think it's Anomen, because he can reach quite a high level as a cleric and get all the bonuses of being a dual-class fighter, without advancing in this class.

Old 10-18-2001, 12:17 PM   #3
hagimihale
Manshoon

Slight spoilers involved...
Siding with Bodhi is taking the evil path. If you are going to do this I recommend Viconia (who is neutral evil herself). Edwin is lawful evil, so he shouldn't have a problem with your plan.

Anomen is a better cleric IMHO, once you go through his quests and assuming he passes his test. However, he becomes lawful good once that happens and I don't think he'd agree with your plan to side with Bodhi. Don't know if he'd actually leave or not...

Being a half-orc won't affect any of this.. except that if you DO keep Viconia, you cannot have a romance with her unless you download the patch to enable it.
Old 10-18-2001, 01:09 PM   #4
Tyrion
Quintesson

(Edwin is Chaotic Evil)

------------------
"No!" shreiked Tyrion. Though the sword felt heavy as a fallen tree he lifted it. He saw the deamon look up, astonished. He brought down the blade with the awesome majestic power of a falling thunderbolt. The burning blade caught the deamon right in the centre of its forehead. The deamon's head fell apart under the force of the impact. The deamon N'kari sank to its knees, dead.

-Tyrion at the battle of the Blighted Isle.

Sympathies to the innocent in US. AND Afganistan
Old 10-18-2001, 04:19 PM   #5
StarVid
Elminster

and the perfect party is:

Jah
Minsc
Vic
Me (human cleric/mage)
Imoen
anyone you want

Seriously, there is no perfect party, though I always go with this setup because they're more integrated into the storyline. Furthermore, this group has two warriors (Minsc, Jah), 1 1/2 Clerics (Me and Vic), a druid (Jah), 2 mages (Imoen and myself), all in a party of 5 people, and the 5th will add even more to this (what I think to be) complete setup. I'd be tempted to ditch Vic for Anomen just because he's good, but he's also a twit so I'll stick with my evil Vic. This is just like BG1, there are no decent Good clerics. Aerie is multi, and Anomen is annoying with low Wis.
Old 10-18-2001, 05:55 PM   #6
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

Isn't Edwin Lawful EviL? it says chaotic evil in the book, but in the game...
Old 10-20-2001, 06:04 AM   #7
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

viconia's the best cleric; anomen's a sucky cleric who's half a fighter. if i'm not mistaken, turning undead is CHA based and hers allows her to convert them, which means basically free summonings later on (and theyre much easier to kill when you're the one controlling them). her high WIS and INT means she can identify basic stuff w/o wasting spell slots on identify. her high WIS gives her way more spells than anomen could ever dream of having. and 65% magic resistance. question answered.

(and with the mace that gives 18 STR or any of the STR boosting items she's not useless in combat either.)
Old 10-20-2001, 06:30 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Anomen is a better Cleric than Viconia, althought he only has 16 WIS( when he gets his knighthood), he still has a buttload of spells. Viconia only has an additional 3rd and 4th spell more than Anomen.

Anomen is dualled from a Fighter, this means he has more attacks per round and much much more Hp. He can also Grandmaster in a weapon. Also, although he dualled, he still can get all possible Priest spells. This is because Clerics stop getting spells at Character Level 38. Anomen can still attain until Character Level 39.

Anomen's Turn Undead skill is also better, why control the Undead, when you can simply chunkify them? Turn Undead is not based on CHA, it is based on the Cleric's level. Evil Clerics convert Undead, good Clerics destroy Undead, I am not sure what Neutral Clerics do, but I think they destroy Undead too.

With Crom Faeyr and the Gauntlets of Dexterity, Anomen had the highest kills in my party.

Remember, Anomen is a Dualled Fighter-->Cleric, not a multi-classed Fighter/Cleric.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Sorcerer Spell List
Dragon Slaying Tips

[This message has been edited by Dundee Slaytern (edited 10-20-2001).]