Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-08-2001, 08:39 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

this is requsted by Cat from teambg.com
sigh, now i know one thing, NEVER accept a task that is out of limit of AD&D!!!

Description:

This elven made blade belonged to an elf named Keux Sh'Nufbal. He was the Coronal of his clan for as many years as he kept his precious and altra powerful ruler blade. The sword is awefully sharp, and it is well known for being enchancted by High Mages of clan Sh'Nufbal around the time of the Era of Sky Fires. The weapon is, for most part, a symbol of rulership and kinship over clan Sh'Nufbal, however, the power it concealed within thousands of years ago had caused unspeakable horrors to its wielders and the very land, so much the grief it was forbidden to ever be drawn unless the most unresolved situtation.

the runes carved magically on the sword had been a prophetic poem to all those who inherite the blade:

(elven)
ten' quel, i'hyanda naa maara
tul'i'val en'dome

o' na di'thang, am' tura
tul'i'ilmen ros ndu naur

o' na di'thang, am' glaka
tul'i'aran en'elee matlle chila

o' na di'thang, am' melymellonamina
tul'i'cartel ripvanwa

o' na di'thang, am' oira obletor
tul'i'engwar palu i'ndor

o' na di'thang, ten' amin naa leith
tul'i'megil dagormegil

ilya tyel!

Due to generations of elven Crown Wars, Keux Sh'Nufbal had led his clan to settle in the forest of Keltormir (present day Tethyr) nearby the Calim Empire around six thousand years before Dales Reckoning. It just happened to be the time when Calim the Noble Dijinni clashed his army against the Horde of Fire, led by a great Efreet Pasha Memnon. The two immortal armies continued the cataclysmic battles for another two centuries until both Calim and Memnon were binded by elven high mages into an eternal struggle at the Battle of Teshyllal Fields. The efreet army was routed.

It seemed peace would eventually fall after the Era of Sky Fires (-6100DR). However, the left djinnis saw this to be a chance to re-establish a power that could be virtually un-challenged. Many of the noble houses within empire of Calim united together and went on a conquest over its boarder communities. Their leader, Yorick the Wanderer was said to have power beyond the formal ruler Calim. Having power exceeding an immortal, his will along could casue the hurrican to sprout, and destroy at his command.

That was when, three elven high mages of Sh'Nufbal together forged this blade, which could withstand the utter chaos of elemental wind. Keux was the clan coronal back then. He and another seven thousand Kerltormir inhabitants united together, and drove the vast army to confont Yorick the Wanderer.

The battle fields was an uproar when two sides clashed into each other. Storms raging above the heads of everyone, bolts of lighting from both sides flash through the fields and struck dead the target accurately. The worst of all, hurricans blasted the elven army with such devastating force, wherever it went, it left nothing but dead bodies and torn apart ground. Eventually, Keux Sh'Nufbal located Yorick, confident with his power, Yorick called forth waves of charging storms, just to his surprise that Keux seemed to be unharmed by the assault. The elf, sword in hand, charged towards Yorick, and the two instantly locked into a mortal combat. The battle was sung by elven bards for hundreds of years to come. When the elven hero thrust his sword through the Wanderer, Yorick widened his eyes with such rage that the very air seem to burn around him. The battle ground seemed to halt and watching the final of the imortal, just for a split second, Yorick smiled, a bloody twisted one, for he had came up with a way to revenge the person who dared to kill him in prime palne. His voice shallowed with hatred, and he cursed :

"for good, the blade be drawn and struck
shall bring forth the doings of the dark

o' be damned, my master
will the night rains down fire

o' be damned, my captive
will the tyrants devout your heir

o' be damned, my campanion
will the pedal of rose fly over

o' be damned, my eternal prisoner
will the blackness sprout the land claim its dewllers

o' be damned, for I shall be freed!
will the sword against sword

then all shall shatter! "

Then everything seemed to be a blur, Yorick, with a shout of pain, or satisfaction, seemed to be drawn into the sword hilt, then everything was back to normal again, the battles were still raging, except the storms no longer rampaged through the fields.

Keux's blade, however, was marked with this magical rune that glowed an silver light seem to radiat a power of its own. Those runes were known as the prophecy of the wanderer. For the next centuries to come, it doomed Sh'Nufbal clan to the point of unimaginable suffer and terror. Whenever this sword was used for a purpose, one of the prophets foretold on the rune would be brought to life.

Five thousands years after the war against the last Dijinni armies. Elves, as well as normadic people eventually settled down and created many kingdoms around Calimshan, including Iltkazar, Tethir, Mir. Together, those kingdoms were called the Empire of Shoon. Sh'Nufbal clan had long ago took residents in the elven kingdom of Iltkazar after the war, and during those five thousand years, three of the prophets of Kuex's Ruler Blade had been made truth. Some of them were unintentionally, while some were forced by circumstances:

-5000DR, the night rains fire:
An intentional use of the sword caused a temporary disturbance of weave, and brought down a deadly meteor over east north of Iltkazar. The history called it Twelve Nights of Fire. Elven city of Uvaeren is destroyed by a falling star whose impact opens a 100-mile-long and 30-mile-wide clearing in Cormanthor's treeline.

-2381DR, the tyrants who devote the heirs:
Vonxu l' Sh'Nufbal used the Ruler Blade to banish a nightmarish patriarch (the most powerful) vampire ventured within the boarder of Iltkazar. The resulte was such a huge release of energy that the sudden burst caught the interest of colonies of migrating beholders, who immediately launched a campaign within Empire of Shoon. The main assault happened near the source of energy burst, Iltkazar, killing five hundred Sh'Nufbals at least. They were eventually driven back, however.

-1838DR, the pedal of red rose fly over
The Raor Dynasty of Calimshan was destroyed by the great red wyrm Ylveraasahlisar the Rose Dragon, who then ruled the nation. Its destructive flames didn't spare all the forests of Iltkazar, Tethir and Mir. The dragon paid a great deal of attention in searching of Keux's Ruler Blade, for he himself was interested at an artifact with such power. However, he was slain by Xeoh Sh'Nufbal not long after his domination.

Unfortunately, Xeoh did not believe in prophecy, provided that his own ruler blade was the most effective weapon against Ylveraasahlisar, therefore, the sword was used again. This time though, the danger was not immediate threat, however, it was the most deadly one. The momente the dragon was struke dead, the sword infected a deadly plague on it. The plague, in turn, infected undertakers who buried the ancient wyrm. And the wyrm's rotten body in turn, infected the very land that grows argricultures. The black plague did not only destroy those who carried it in a slow, decay manner, it also plagues every living being around it, including plants, forests, water... the plague took out nearly three fifth of Shoon Empire's population. Xeoh, being a carrier himself, had unintentionally brought back the disease to Iltkazar, and the very act wiped out every single elf in the kingdom. Few who fortunately escaped, saved by fate, returned to Evermoor, and never came back. Iltkazar, a peaceful elven nation, just in matter of months, dissolved into dust without anyone knowing the truth.

Thereafter, the sword layed in fabled waste, which is now today's the Plains of the Dead, just east of newly established Baldur's Gate.

It seemed that the terrible curses layed upon the sword had eventually came to a halt, however, there still remains yet another, the final prophet waiting patiently to be fullfilled.

STATISTICS:
(cursed, TERRIBLY CURSED it is not even funny)
Type: long sword
Weight: 10
Speed Factor: 5
Dmg: 1d8 +4/+7 against Efreet
Thac0: +4/+7 against Efreet
Free Action
Protection from Elemental Wind

Special: the sword, if used by a Sh'Nufbal, will activate the final prophet, should the circumstances fit.

However, if used by any other person, ti will randomly draw its power, which largely remained a mystery. Those powers are believed to be a portion of Yoirck the Wanderer.

The sword's natual is a total chaos, and utterly unpredictable, after every several hits, it will have one of those effects:

change into a rod (last two turn),
Yorick's Thanderstorm
dmg: 1d4 +3
thac0: +3
ThunderStorm three charges: it creates storm over a certain area. The storm lasts four rounds, and it does 8d4 dmg every round and deafens the person, a save vs spell dashes out of harm's way successfully and avoid the deafeness, and avoid all dmg. Everyone with in the area will have a 5% chance being struck by a Chainlighting, save vs spell to take half damage.

change into a club with stats (lasts for one turn):
Club of Black Disease
dmg: 1d6 +3
thac0: +3
it infects contagion to the target with every successful hit, unless save vs spell.

Being granted a power to cast spell (one charge)
Night Fires:
cast Meteor Swarm once

There will be 1% chance that the wielder is able to communicate with the Dijinni trapped inside the sword, which grants the wielder a wish. same as wish spell, however, the effects are not all garanteed positive.

There is 5% chance the sword explodes into a 15d6 fireball
There is a slight chance the weapon will polymorph the wielder.

Note, there are still many many other chaotic effects remain unknown. The effects listed above are onyl a portion to it. EVERYONE HAIL TO THE ALMIGHT YOICK!!! Consider this weapon as Wand of Wonder among swords.

As powerful as it may seem to be, the wielder becomes inable to be invisibled by any means. the sword constantly radiat out power energy that it is inpossible to clock anyone with it. That includes hide in shadow from a thief.

Usable by:
Chaotic creatures only
fighter
ranger
paladin
thief
ELVES WATCH OUT! there are unknown effect to elves as well!
Old 04-08-2001, 10:08 AM   #2
Bristowe
Elminster

Wow, you really put a lot of effort into these items... speechless!
Old 04-08-2001, 10:47 AM   #3
Rikard

ehm

WHAT???????

damn i thinkeven Bioware cannot make this

------------------

Old 04-08-2001, 05:15 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Yup....that's the longest from you I have EVER seen.....

*BUMP*

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-08-2001, 06:13 PM   #5
Hesperex

Oh my, oh my ...lol now that is quite some item. what else am I to say. other than that doesn't look like any elven laguage I've ever seen, certainly not Sindarin or Quenyan.

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 04-08-2001, 07:52 PM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

it is elven, no matter what you think

hehehehe, i know, this item is too bizzare, what can i say? he wanted *that* effect. i had to come up with something... weird...
Old 04-08-2001, 08:36 PM   #7
BG2SOA

Cool Description,very long too hehe.

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 04-09-2001, 03:40 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

ALL HAIL TO YORICIK!!!!
Old 04-09-2001, 04:24 AM   #9
Nex
Dungeon Master

heh, I bet you hardly play BG2 with all the cool stories you write for your items

------------------

-Nex, da Evyl Jesta
Old 04-09-2001, 04:32 AM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

huh?? WUT IZ ZAT ATTITUDE??? YOU TALKIN SH*T TU ME?? HUH?? HUH??
HUH??

lol , nope, not now, but i am trying hard to make those!!!