Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-20-2003, 09:55 AM   #1
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

As part of one of my summer graduate courses, I need to research an important social issue. For my project, I decided to research video games, but I need some help.

I need some volunteers to take a survey/inventory that measures how you use your imagination. The survey will take about 15 minutes and you can do the whole thing on-line.

If you are interested, you can find the Short Imaginal Processes Inventory at
http://www.kism.net/survey/inventory.htm

If you give me your e-mail address, I can send you your results.

Thanks in advance for your help.

[edited to correct spelling]

[ 07-22-2003, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: Father Bronze ]
Old 07-20-2003, 10:09 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Took the test. here's my addy.

j-krete@zonnet.nl
Old 07-20-2003, 10:21 AM   #3
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

what does that have to do with video games?
Old 07-20-2003, 10:46 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Done - make of it what you will [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit : No need to send me any results. In my daydreams I am a well adjusted positive individual with no guilt or persecution complexes. I have no interest in knowing if this is wrong

[ 07-20-2003, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Davros ]
Old 07-20-2003, 11:02 AM   #5
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

I am guessing what the survey is for, will save my guess til you email results so as not to cont. survey field, and ,...uh....what was I doing?

sorry, off to shave the cat! right-o! everybody; left, right, left, right..repeat as necessary...

Amanda, Kyleia, and Kathleen\'s Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official procrastinator of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
unOfficial Homeopathic Quacktitioner of the IW Realm
Old 07-20-2003, 04:39 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I don't care about my results. But I would be interested in knowing about the study, its rationale and what you expect to find. And what the end results are! Did you make up this questionnaire yourself FB?

Man! I wish I could get my participants online like this!
Old 07-20-2003, 04:56 PM   #7
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
LOL I'm finally finished the survey - it took me about twice as long as recommended because I kept getting distracted and flitting back and forth between web pages... [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] I think it's obvious what I put for the distractability items
Old 07-20-2003, 05:05 PM   #8
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Done and done, I really am baffled at what so many different worded questions coming to the same conclusion is supposed to mean...
Old 07-20-2003, 05:08 PM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

Done. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2003, 05:14 PM   #10
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by FelixJaeger:
Done and done, I really am baffled at what so many different worded questions coming to the same conclusion is supposed to mean...
The point of those is to make sure people aren't just choosing at random. Research based on questionnaire-type evidence is fraught with many problems, which have to be controlled for. Some people want to deliberately ruin research, even if they are voluntary participants, so just pick answers at random which are meaningless and destroy real patterns in the data. If you have a number of questions asking the same thing and negatively worded (ie one time you say 'are you easily distractable', another time 'do you find it easy to focus on one task' - in each case a high answer means a different thing - someone answering all 4s would be picked up) you can check later that people have answered in a consistent fashion, and throw out data that has been confounded like this.

That doesn't help people lying for other reasons of course, for example it may be socially desirable to say that you're not distractable at all so regardless of what how distractable you really are, you consistently say you're not on all questions tapping that, but there are other methods to control for that.