Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-27-2002, 06:04 PM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...0;t=007783;p=6

On page 5 and six I have been accused by "The Dark" of stealing Stealthys phone.

Trust on the internet is a delicate thing. Considering I've enjoyed meeting board members in the past, and hope to do so in the future, this is a pretty serious allegation.

I immediately called Stealthy to make sure there was no problem. I was with Mike when he lost it last year.

Mike said he didn't know the Dark, and wanted me to pass on that he has had no falling out with any forum members here.

Could a moderator please read the topic? Lock the thread?

Do people think this is troll behaviour here?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...0;t=007783;p=6 is the thread.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 04-27-2002, 06:14 PM   #2
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well Yorick, looks like the TOS is on your side:

Be Responsible: Do not post slanderous, libelous or any defamatory statements on the Ironworks Gaming Forum, we will not be held responsible for your posts, but just the same, we'd rather not go there! Posts that appear to be defamatory should have supporting references included.
Old 04-27-2002, 06:17 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
do you even know this guy, the dark i mean ?
Old 04-27-2002, 06:19 PM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
do you even know this guy, the dark i mean ?
No. Neither did Stealthy. He wouldn't give his name so we could verify who he was.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 04-27-2002, 06:33 PM   #5
Dramnek_Ulk

Can’t a moderator look at the IP adress and by some arcane process of divination find out where this person has been posting from, or what servers they were using or something like that?

Old 04-27-2002, 06:39 PM   #6
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Dispite some resistance with my name.... (dosn't matter BTW) I'm with you 100%. This is odd. And he has no right to do this kinda thing. Mods!!! Jump in so we can straighten things out!
Old 04-27-2002, 06:45 PM   #7
Epona
Zartan

It was a bit of a weird/dumb thing to say, but the guy has realised it was unnecessary and apologised - I suggest we leave it at that - everyone makes mistakes.
Old 04-27-2002, 06:54 PM   #8
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

It is kinda dumb/meaningless... but he is still at it. Now agianst me just because I said something defending Yorik... what is going on and who is he? He isn't just leaving it alone....
Old 04-27-2002, 06:56 PM   #9
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I've just been and read the thread again, and the guy has apologised, so as long as Yorick accepts the apology then that's that I hope.

EDIT: Ooops, didn't notice your post Epona, you beat me to it.

[ 04-27-2002, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Talthyr Malkaviel ]
Old 04-27-2002, 07:03 PM   #10
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

I hope so too.... I would just like to know who he is. And if Yorik does accept... then I'll just ignore him. That would be the best thing to do.