Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-17-2000, 10:34 AM   #1
Fraggle

Right, this one's a little odd. When I fire up the game in hardware accelerated mode there is a constant static crackle on sound effects. It's not too bad and I can still hear what NPCs are saying, for example, but it is constant enough to be irritating. However, and this is where it gets weird, when I'm playing the game after a random period of time the screen flickers and the interface bars around the edge of the play window seem to drop in resolution or become unfiltered. The main 3D game window is unaffected and for some reason the static crackling goes away. My hardware is

PIII 800
Geforce 2 DDR 64 meg
SB Live
256 MB Ram

I have tried the fix that is suggested in the readme for Monster sound card users but it made no difference.

Has anyopne else had/solved this problem? It looks like the 2D renderer is glitching so the interface panels change but not the 3D render window but why is this affecting the sound???

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Fraggle