Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-17-2000, 12:13 AM   #1
Wretched

Well, one tactic would be to simply leave the Druid Grove, get Cernd a level or two, and come back. There isn't a time limit on this quest.

However, here are a couple tips:

- Have Cernd memorize as many summoning spells as you can. Summon Woodland Creature is especially effective, because you'll get a Nymph who can paralyze Faldorn.

- Cast Barkskin, if you can't cast Iron Skins, as well as Defensive Harmony. Instead of using the pathetic staff that's in the pit, cast Flame Blade.

And yes, your other party members can help Cernd, though it is cheating. Simply have one of them pick up Cernd's gear (which he drops outside the pit), walk over to the edge of the pit, and go to the inventory screen. You'll be able to hand Cernd his stuff, as well as healing potions to keep him alive. This should basically assure victory for you.

Old 11-17-2000, 11:31 AM   #2
Thamrys
Welcomed New User

I don't have a druid in my party, and Cernd keeps getting killed in the duel. Is there any way of (a) helping Cernd; (b) getting a stronger druid; (c) killing the shadow druid directly without the duel? I'd appreciate your help...
Old 11-17-2000, 03:53 PM   #3
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, casting flame blade is definitely the way to go. Also, if you have an oil of speed on you, have him dring it right before you initiate dialogue and start the fight.
Old 11-17-2000, 05:26 PM   #4
Shashae

Hmm cernd always one when I tried, however I had a full party so he the computer fought him. have you tried just having him shapechange to greater wolfwere and attacking? I was able to beat her with Jaheira just by turning into a bear and attacking.

Old 11-17-2000, 05:40 PM   #5
Suul-Yinn

Cast haste etc on him before you accept the challenge and cast insect plague immediately the battle starts, then summon nymph who casts confusion and the battle is over. Flameblade or shapechange will finish her off.

Old 11-17-2000, 07:16 PM   #6
Zinnk

Beat her on the first try with Cernd without even having him level up, just casted barkskin and turned into a werewolf. She didnt even take half my health.

Old 11-18-2000, 05:46 AM   #7
Sir Athaulf Of Sarn

All I did was to summon a bear who attacked the druid while I circled around the bear keeping just out of range of any damage. The bear killed the druid fairly quickly while I suffered no damage. Easy!

Old 11-18-2000, 09:10 AM   #8
Mustang
Welcomed New User

I think there is something else going on. Faldorn can turn into a shadow lepeard or something really sinister, if she hits a certain level of hit points. She then completely heals and even Cernd's werewolf form can't hardly touch her, even speed up and blessed. I think her shape change is triggered if you actually cause the blow that put her at some low hit point level. If something else causes it, she doesn't seem to shape change and the battle is really easy. I think thats why sommoning other beasts in works.
Old 11-18-2000, 09:17 AM   #9
Morninglord

I took this battle with Jaheira. Being basicly unprepared for what was about to come, I had no spells cast on her. However, summoning in a Fire Elemental and shapechanging Jaheira into a bear fixed the beef. However, the shadow druid did change into a lepard of some sorts, and it was dangerous as heck. The fire elemental died, and Jaheira in her bear state was only 2 hit points from dead when the battle was over.

Old 11-18-2000, 09:17 AM   #10
Morninglord

I took this battle with Jaheira. Being basicly unprepared for what was about to come, I had no spells cast on her. However, summoning in a Fire Elemental and shapechanging Jaheira into a bear fixed the beef. However, the shadow druid did change into a lepard of some sorts, and it was dangerous as heck. The fire elemental died, and Jaheira in her bear state was only 2 hit points from dead when the battle was over.

/Morninglord of Sweden