Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-07-2004, 10:53 AM   #41
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

C'mon Great grand-pappy Attalus, tell us the story [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2004, 10:54 AM   #42
Sigmar
Unicorn

I was going to delve into how some folk equate wisdom to age but I thought I'd leave it there. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Only fooling Attalus!
Old 10-07-2004, 11:19 AM   #43
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
It's been gone for a long time now, i think the IW chatroom deserves a second chance. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2004, 12:26 PM   #44
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Well, its 2:21 AM here and I should go to bed, I have a job interview and all the tests that come with it, im applying for an apprenticeship at the Mine here as an electrician. So wish me luck, I got shortlisted from around 300 or so applicants to about 20 people, so we will see how it goes.
Goodnight
Old 10-07-2004, 12:53 PM   #45
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Jees man, get to your bed, shocking! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well hey ho folks. How do? Im great. Feeling really good, tonight will be a nice relaxing night since I have holidays as off tomorow for the next 2 weeks. Woo! Well, I think Il go and get some guitar going.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:42 PM   #46
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
Well, as it was told to me, once upon a time, there were three IW members chattin' in the chatroom. One of them, call him "Old Blue Boarder," suggested that they start a thread where they would just post "Ping" and "Pong" back and forth. Another, call her "Easily Bored," said something like, "That sounds like fun." #3, call him "Frequent Poster," warned that it would get them all banned. OBB said something like, "Naah." So they did, and lo the [img]graemlins/spam2.gif[/img] piled very high. A moderator tried to stop it, and got flipped off by OBB. This I saw with my own incredulous eyes. The mighty Z grew wroth, and banned OBB. FP got mad and said so publically, asking that his account be deleted. This was quickly granted. EB got mad, and put a protest in her sig, causing her banning. She is now back, but OBB and FP have never returned.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:17 PM   #47
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Ping.

Hmm, very interesting. When I first heard that, I was thinking of the Chinese-Matrix-pingpong-thing. That was so cool!!
Well, I just got back from English, we had an in-class essay, today. If I screw this one up, I'm gonna have to bite the bullet, and start sucking up.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:20 PM   #48
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
Well, as it was told to me, once upon a time, there were three IW members chattin' in the chatroom. One of them, call him "Old Blue Boarder," suggested that they start a thread where they would just post "Ping" and "Pong" back and forth. Another, call her "Easily Bored," said something like, "That sounds like fun." #3, call him "Frequent Poster," warned that it would get them all banned. OBB said something like, "Naah." So they did, and lo the [img]graemlins/spam2.gif[/img] piled very high. A moderator tried to stop it, and got flipped off by OBB. This I saw with my own incredulous eyes. The mighty Z grew wroth, and banned OBB. FP got mad and said so publically, asking that his account be deleted. This was quickly granted. EB got mad, and put a protest in her sig, causing her banning. She is now back, but OBB and FP have never returned. [/QUOTE]Thanks for the refresh.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:14 PM   #49
Kaltia
Jack Burton

My grandma and your grandma are sitting by the fire!

*Wanders off with her yaoi*

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:33 PM   #50
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Well, as it was told to me, once upon a time, there were three IW members chattin' in the chatroom. One of them, call him "Old Blue Boarder," suggested that they start a thread where they would just post "Ping" and "Pong" back and forth. Another, call her "Easily Bored," said something like, "That sounds like fun." #3, call him "Frequent Poster," warned that it would get them all banned. OBB said something like, "Naah." ... She is now back, but OBB and FP have never returned.
Oh yeah! XD
I haven't actually spoken to "OBB" for some time, but I fell out with "FP" about six months ago. Still miss Deathbringer, who was the one behind the ping pong business. He was pingpong-ing in MSN, and I said I was bored (hence, "easily bored"), and with some nagging, OBB agreed to spam. He started "Ping", and I started "pong", IIRC.

Hmm.

Ping?

*Ducks*

It's probably time for me to vanish for another few months or so, but let my sad story be a lesson to ye, younglings: spam tastes like sodium.

No, wait, I mean "spam ruins lives". Damnit.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.