Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-17-2002, 02:38 PM   #21
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
Heh, I know what you mean, LB, IW was my first forum as well, and for a while I expected every forum to live up to IW standards. I'm a member of a Deadsy message board, where someone got ragged for posting "f***ing" instead of the actual word. Gives you a pretty good idea of it.
Sounds like a....wierd place. IW isn't my first forum, but it is by far the best![/QUOTE]Wierd doesn't begin to describe it. People there make me look sane.
Old 08-17-2002, 02:39 PM   #22
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
quote:
Heh, I know what you mean, LB, IW was my first forum as well, and for a while I expected every forum to live up to IW standards. I'm a member of a Deadsy message board, where someone got ragged for posting "f***ing" instead of the actual word. Gives you a pretty good idea of it.
Sounds like a....wierd place. IW isn't my first forum, but it is by far the best![/QUOTE]Wierd doesn't begin to describe it. People there make me look sane. [/QUOTE]Oh....god. i didn't realize that there could be such an insanity in the world!
Old 08-17-2002, 03:18 PM   #23
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Relic, is your current name on IW the same as on the old BG Dungeon? If not, could you tell me what it was? I basically keep the Albromor name on most boards. I was contacted by people here as elsewhere inquiring if I was the same Albromore from the BGD days. It was cool being contacted by them. As far as I am concerned IW under Ziroc's steady hand and the moderators is exactly what I need. I have yet to find anything close though I am sure there are others out there. Then again the Black Isle boards are pretty good, but I still prefer here.
Old 08-18-2002, 08:08 AM   #24
Epona
Zartan

I am addicted to IW, and of course I remember fondly the old blueboard days, was like a little family (only with less bickering LOL!)

The only other forum I visit which has the same atmosphere is a London based board (mostly Londoners, some from the rest of the UK and a few from overseas), very friendly and they organise regular parties and drinkies so everyone can meet up!
Old 08-18-2002, 02:34 PM   #25
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

"You've tried the rest, now try the best - Ironworks (R)"
Old 08-18-2002, 03:50 PM   #26
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

ooOoh, what a spiffy catch-phraise! I think we should make some web-banners... or not... I have to agree that it is the best forum of all, though. The Phantasy Star Phorum which I used to hang out at for the last 2 years was a fuel for an obsession which i realized led me to nowhere... The people didn't care about eachother and everyone spent their time bragging about how "un hacked" their characters were... it was pathetic to the point that everyone started HOPING and PRAYING for a sequel that would change everything. And when they got it everything only degraded more, with people fighting about battle arena chalanges and non-hacked characters facing off with hacked ones. Now they're all anticipating ANOTHER sequel where they'll just play the SAME game all over again with just 30 new weapons which willl be impossible to find 2 levels+ bosses and THAT'S IT... back then EVERYBODY hated nintendo, hated microsoft too, as well as apple and linux... infact hated everything except for SEGA... that was all that mattered, and the mods were so corrupted that they'd ban you for reporting their girl-freinds, even if they weren't their girl freinds and just men posing as women who were their girlfreinds YOU'D end up getting banned for their wrong doings... HERE I see none of that... and that's good enough for me!

+ the HTML support makes for more interesting conversation and there's an actual ranking system instead of a clan-freind making faction ranking system like they had over there... NO ONE was ever in anone's clan except for the most popular mod... and he was just a German Plumber who had nothing else beter to do with his life than play PSO and post at a forum...

and that's why I LOVE Ironworks better than any other forum i've been to...

ESPECIALLY since this forum doesn't have people who have dedicated their lives to complaining about other people's faults in their posts... >_<

OH and I also like the way that my artistic abilities ccan be put to use and apreciated and aren't drowned out by hundreds of stick figures like at the Oékaki boards...
Old 09-17-2002, 05:18 PM   #27
Hexa
The Magister

As u guys see ... I am new here ... and so far I must say this forum leaves a good first impression ...!@

Another great forum btw is www.heroescommunity.com
AM I allowed to advertise like that?

[ 09-17-2002, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Hexa ]
Old 09-17-2002, 05:27 PM   #28
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Ironworks isn't my first forum but it is definately the best one I've ever been to. Good Job Ziroc!! [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2002, 06:22 PM   #29
whacky
Emerald Dragon

I mostly frequent computer and network security related boards out there, and boy you should see it there, any off topic post BANG the mods dont take a sec to ban it, flame wars get very very rough, the language is err.... well "yuck" and most of the people are dumba**, but the rest of the guys are great which makes the experience fun, like at IW but seriously i even showed the board to my friends and mods over there and told them that IW is an example of a perfect board.

[ 09-17-2002, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: whacky ]
Old 09-18-2002, 04:55 AM   #30
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

I was quite active in some of the boards in EzBoard. Some of the boards are well managed (strict anti-spamming and etc) whereas some of them are downright awful. In one of the board, I was promoted to moderator (and to be promoted to admin later on) within a week and then banned after a month because the board owner decided that he don't like me anymore...jeez, I didn't even do anything to offend him or the members. The looser didn't even have the courtesy to tell me why I was banned.

On the other hand, I was an active moderator in the other board and it is a very well menage board. The only problem is that most of the members are somewhat young (10-16 years old) and I was getting a bit boring talking to kids (no pun intended, but these kids have very limited subjects to talk about), so I quitted after a couple of months.

Overall, I wouldn't say that IW is the best board around but it is definately one of the best that I have ever been to. Keep up the good work, Z.