Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2001, 02:40 PM   #1
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

If u haven't seen it yet, it's
http://vaskez.tripod.com

I'm thinking of building up a nice editing section to help all the wanna-be editors out, but I'm not gonna do it unless I get enough positive feedback on this idea.....
the first one I had in mind was an in-depth guide to creating new monsters...using BG2 character control, shadowkeeper and a touch of hex-editing...(no the editors have still not covered everything)
Old 06-07-2001, 02:44 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

You know what would be REALLY useful? An easy-to-use item maker/editor, and also, if anyone needs an idea for a BG2 mod, my suggestion is this:

A campaign where you fight for the glory and honor of Tiax the almighty and allruling, for Tiax rules all, for none stand where Tiax stands, lest he walk atop them! The mod could even include Tiax as an extremely mighty NPC! What an honor it would be to have Tiax in your group.

------------------
Tiax rules all, even the Chosen Of Mystra!

Tiax shall place Marks Of Shame on the foreheads of all the Chosen of Mystra!

A shortcut to remember if Tiax is nearby:

TRAETCOMFHITCOCAATCOMSHMOSPUTF = Tiax Rules All, Even The Chosen Of Mystra, For He Is The Chosen Of Cyric, And All The Chosen Of Mystra Shall Have Marks Of Shame Put Upon Their Foreheads.
Old 06-07-2001, 02:49 PM   #3
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

What do u mean? There already is an easy to use item maker/editor, namely IEEP. Thanks but we already have a MOD under development

And by the way I am talking about guides to edit every little part of your new monster, using the available editors, I'm not talking about making new editors hehe.
Old 06-07-2001, 05:13 PM   #4
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hmmmm....bump
Old 06-07-2001, 05:18 PM   #5
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I think that is a rather good idea: although more BG2 related tips and strats would also get thumbs up.

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 06-07-2001, 05:23 PM   #6
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Wah:
I think that is a rather good idea: although more BG2 related tips and strats would also get thumbs up.

by strats I assume u mean stats, but what sort of stats do u mean?
Although I do plan to do a section on ToB.
Old 06-08-2001, 09:07 AM   #7
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I agree somewhat with Neb. Most of us "newbie" editors would prefer to tackle tweaked out items rather than tweaked out enemies. IEEP is fairly simple (I have used it and I'm nearly completely computer stupid)but adding effects and special abilities can be difficult at times, much more so than changing the enchant to plus five.

I'm sure we're all behind your efforts here, but do consider a little tutorial or examples of special items if you get around to it in the future. I know many would appreciate it. Just look at the first few pages of the forum for all the item related questions!
Old 06-08-2001, 09:08 AM   #8
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I think Wah might mean strategies.
Old 06-08-2001, 09:15 AM   #9
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

This is A Good Idea (tm)

Even if it's basic guidelines it would help. I know when I tried the experimentating was just annoying...
Old 06-08-2001, 09:21 AM   #10
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I think that sounds like a great idea Vaskez! If you're willing to take your time and effort to construct such a thing, then I commend you. I'd really enjoy creating some creatures and/or items for the game, but I'd definitely need some help...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!