Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2006, 10:22 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

You made my poor dwarf cry like a baby.. that level is waaay hard lol! Btw, Roddy if you see this.. i think the server went down soo we couldnt join forces.

nice to be back romping in undermountain again. Its waaay cool to play there. So many changes especially lvl 8 when i was gone for the past year

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 10:46 AM   #2
roddybug
Manshoon

I was there, all I was doing was going from A to B on level eight, I don't know why the server crashed. It's good to see you back!

[ 03-17-2006, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: roddybug ]
roddybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:23 AM   #3
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

You are SO going it alone on Level Eight, Hark. *laughs chaotically* Let me bring on a character who is at least twenty levels or more, and then we shall see about doing up Level Eight together. I still say that level is infinitely harder than Level Twelve. (And yes, I also still say that Level Twelve is my official cash cow level.) Perhaps a bounce pass from Three to Ten (pick up Teri-Sha) and then up the winding cavern road to Eight?
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:43 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'll do lvl 8 alone...I ain't afeared of no dragon dudes...At least, not much...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:20 AM   #5
roddybug
Manshoon

I'm amused, level 8 is tough despite all bragging rtb. I hit on an interesting strategy with my 16th level barb/aa. I glugged down a potion of prot spells and ran for the stairway, from there I just shot them to bits! This didn't end happily as I got impapatient and therefore surrounded, at least I didn't get imploded!
roddybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:49 PM   #6
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Level Eight (the few times I have ran through there with Haste and Greater Sanctuary going strongly) isn't really a major haven for Implosion. I have noticed they prefer to beat you senseless in that Level. No, I have found for Implosion nothing beats the Trollbark Forest and the Trollbark Pyramid. They are even worse for it than Level Twelve (and that is saying something!) No, for Level Eight I figure I will try to get a caster who can nail them with Greater Magic Missle Storms or something of the like instead. The fighter/thief/assassin build I am working on might do well there. Perhaps learning how to properly use Knockdown would be a fine start.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:00 PM   #7
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Timestop + 2 Greater IGMS FTW!!!!!!!

Just make sure there is no one else on the server as the constant timestop does annoy people.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:43 PM   #8
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Just blame it on the enemy wizards.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:18 PM   #9
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

No, I place the blame firmly on the dragon's gaseous emissions. One has to stop and hide when that acidic mess goes floating through the air. The methane poison alone would be horrific enough, but with all those sorcerers who are fireball-crazy...

Quote:
KABOOM!
Besides, I just drop repeated Issac's Greater Missle Storms alongside Mordenkainen's Disjunction and Greater Dispelling at semi-random intervals. Whenever someone stops my spells twice in a row without any reason, it's time to strip that natural protection from their hides. Found that combination works better for me than anything else. Then again, I haven't tried rolling with a pure wizard class in ages.

Something else I haven't done - roll through with my dual-bastard wielding fighter/weaponmaster half-orc. I really need to test out his foolcutting ability on that level soon. Though I wouldn't mind getting a four-finger ring for him that read "Sucka!" It's a dream, I know, but it would be so much cooler looking than a set of brass knuckles. Come to think of it, would brass knuckles be weapons or bracers setup (so you can have the gloves' icon for them)?

[ 03-26-2006, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]