Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-07-2001, 08:55 AM   #21
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Wolfgir, did you really say that you listened to Marillion?! In the words of Ben Kenobi,"Now there's a name I've not heard in a long, long time."
I used to listen to them a loooooong time ago. Early '80's wasn't it?
I've moved on this morning to some Trans Siberian Orchestra.
Old 03-07-2001, 09:01 AM   #22
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'll be different here, and show that I'm a child of the nineties and house music. I'm cool to listen to almost anything but house, trance and funk definitely do it for me.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-07-2001, 02:09 PM   #23
Lillie
Dungeon Master

Child of the 70s and 80s here

Grew up on Pink Floyd (my favorite band) and Led Zep.

Current bands I like are Dave Matthews and Live.

Solo artists - Sting, Enya.

Can't do that Britney Spears crap - she's just the "flavuh of da week" - it'll pass like a bad fart
Old 03-08-2001, 09:29 AM   #24
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

You are all children of my soul. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to hear you all talk about your music. Today it's a Blink 182/Everclear kind of morning. By the way, this post is is purely for the bump to get it back on the main page! Hehehe... And a GREAT MORNING TO YOU ALL!!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 09:32 AM   #25
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
Wolfgir, did you really say that you listened to Marillion?! In the words of Ben Kenobi,"Now there's a name I've not heard in a long, long time."
I used to listen to them a loooooong time ago. Early '80's wasn't it?
I've moved on this morning to some Trans Siberian Orchestra.
Oh yes! i did, i listened to them alot and i still have all the CD´s with Fish as the singer.. Damn but which songs could better describe all thoose lonely nights then "Playground of broken hearts" "Last straw" "White Russian" and of course, GRENDEL!! *sniff*

------------------

::HOWLING WOLFGIR THE MAD WOLF::
Old 03-08-2001, 09:36 AM   #26
Sir_Tainly

Not sure if this is a bad sign or, but most of the music mentioned here is the stuff I listen to, worrying cos most of you guys are older than me.

Sir "Old before his time" Tainly

------------------

Old 03-08-2001, 09:40 AM   #27
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Strange and bizarre tastes here. Beginning with Teenage angst music I guess when I was in full-on goth mode (NO bashing! I'll set me cats on ye!) Nick Cave, Sisters, Bauhaus, Depeche Mode and all the other assorted extremely depressing music! Still good stuff though, I'll frequently crack out Nick Cave for a mounful mood. Since then being a Londoner of course I was introduced into the Electronica scene, D&B and especially Acid Techno. Been big on them ever since - good scene both in DC and in New York I'm happy to report. Lately I've been developing a bit of a taste for Hiphop. Real stuff - not the pophop you see on TV. Deltron3030 in particular is most excellent futuristic stuff that makes you use your head a bit! I used to be very skeptical about that scene but am happy to have my mind opened

------------------
Old 03-08-2001, 09:59 AM   #28
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Bauhaus. They were cool. I used to listen to them, Husker Du, Black Flag (Henry Rollins was/is the MAN!!)Ministry, OMD and big time Depeche Mode. Wait, I'm not quite feeling over the edge suicidal yet, let me throw in The Cure. There, that's better, NOW I'm feeling totally black
Seriously, that dark stuff really helped me when I was a kid. Between that and heavy metal, It kept me together until O got out of school.
Old 03-08-2001, 10:04 AM   #29
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
Bauhaus. They were cool. I used to listen to them, Husker Du, Black Flag (Henry Rollins was/is the MAN!!)Ministry, OMD and big time Depeche Mode. Wait, I'm not quite feeling over the edge suicidal yet, let me throw in The Cure. There, that's better, NOW I'm feeling totally black
Seriously, that dark stuff really helped me when I was a kid. Between that and heavy metal, It kept me together until O got out of school.
Stop it! Did you mention Black Flag HENRY ROLLINS??
Damn i love Rollins!

Jesus build my hot road with Ministry is great..Hey did/do you listen/ed to NIN too??

------------------

::HOWLING WOLFGIR THE MAD WOLF::
Old 03-08-2001, 10:19 AM   #30
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Oh my gawd...NiN didn;'t come along until later in my life, but they've bene here ever since! Skinny Puppy, too, though I wasn't as familiar with them.
I loved Ministry's "Burning Inside" from "A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste"