Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 08:17 PM   #131
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BORS (Examines the papers) "Yes, yes, I see. Well, milady, we cannot allow you in this campaign with your sister so deeply involved. I shall write a letter to our House in Athkatla to find you duties there, so that you will not be conflicted.. That is all, and final, I fear."
Old 05-03-2002, 08:36 PM   #132
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

GALADRIA (She feels as if she had been struck a blow in the face. All the blood that had left her cheeks mantles the in double quantites.)(Stiffly) "Very well, my Lord. I shall leave when my orders are drawn up. Sir Blandamour, I trust that we shall meet again." (Bows stiffly, marches out)
Old 05-03-2002, 10:59 PM   #133
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>Woah! That's harsh! ~tsk~
Old 05-04-2002, 08:45 AM   #134
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

OOC>> lol, Larry, I gotta keep the thread interesting IC>>
ELIZA (She watches in shocked disbelief as the brawny blonde stalks off. What is this new world that she is entering into? Discipline, instant obedience to the orders of your superiors? These rub against her grain, but, one look at Blandamour's stern visiage reassures her. There is nothing that cannot be endured for duty's sake, she recalls him saying around the campfire, and she resigns herself to Duty's stern embrace. It was better than the flames that she can still vaguely remember, and her only escape from them.)
Old 05-04-2002, 09:27 AM   #135
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (He watches Galadria leave with real regret, but he braces himself. There is work to do) "Sir Bors, it is indeed good to have seen you again, and rest assured that I shall be at your side in the coming battle, but I must take my leave of you now and go to see Lady Natasha. She is still the Preceptor, here, is she not?"

SIR BORS(His face softens) "Ah, my boy, I'm afraid that is why that I am here. Lady Natasha is dead, killed in a skirmish with the demon army. I have come to take charge of this Chapter until a new Preceptor is chosen. You can bring your business to me."

SIR BLANDAMOUR "Well, them, my lord, I bring you this girl, Eliza. She wishes to enter the Order, and I have promised that I would recommend her, and request her for my Squire, since Piestrider is to be promoted this next month."

SIR BORS "Very well, Blandamour. Young lady, on my honored friend and pupil's recommendation, I shall receive you into the Order of the Radiant Heart of Lathander. Are you ready to take the oath?" (at her acquiescence, he goes on) "I, Eliza, do, of my own volition, enter into the service of the Order of the Radiant Heart of Lathander, for my life's term. I do swear before Lathander and these witnesses that I shall follow the true and the just way, as my conscience and the guidance of my superiors dictate. I will comfort the afflicted, aid the needy, punish the guilty, and fight oppression and evil whereever I encounter them, to the last drop of my life's blood. So say you?"
Old 05-04-2002, 09:33 AM   #136
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

ELIZA (Stands ramrod straight) "I do so say and I do so swear, my Lord." (relaxes slightly) "So, it is done. Sir Blandamour, am I your esquire, now? Will you teach me my duties, please, my lord?"

[ 05-04-2002, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: Galadria ]
Old 05-04-2002, 10:55 AM   #137
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BORS "Yes, it is entirely his choice, though I had several young men and women of good family asking to be considered as his next esquire. He will be ideal to teach you to be a good knight. Follow his instructions absolutely, for there is no finer Paladin in the Order."
Old 05-04-2002, 11:29 AM   #138
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> Bravo! That was so real and just how I would have expected Galadria to react! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] More, more!!
Old 05-04-2002, 01:35 PM   #139
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

OOC>> Thanks, Mistral! IC>
ELIZA (The next few days, she spends all of her time with the Master of Esquires. Luckily, she retains her knowledge of horsemanship and gradually reacquires her use of the sword, though she is no master swordswoman like Galadria. She also learns to care for a knight's armor, to cook, and keep a tent. To her surprise, the Code of Chivalry is not new to her, though she suspects that in her former life she would more often have derided it than not. Now, she grimly applies herself to the niceties of heraldry. She pleases the Master, and herself, when she recalls some of the lays of romance that she had performed to praise at her father's court. All in all, she is rather pleased with herself when she starts lessons on the use of armor. She reports to the Armoury for a fitting. To her surprise, Blandamour is there, saying that he wants to make sure that she receives the correct fit and the very best suit that she can manage.) (blushes) "Sir Blandamour, my Lord, it is good to see you again. It is very kind of you, my Lord, to come and see to your servant's armor fitting."
Old 05-04-2002, 04:40 PM   #140
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR"It is nothing, little one. After all, if you get killed, you can't be guarding my back, so it is in self-interest that I aid you. Now, Jack Armorsmith, how about that little one over there? Tis only chainmail, but I fear that my squire is going to have to grow some muscle before she can wear plate." (He examines the shieldand removes the cover) "Well, how about that? Squire Eliza, you have been instructed in heraldry. Who would carry these arms, Argent, a Swan-Prowed ship facing dexter, on a field gules?" (Seeing the blank look on her face, he laughs). "I guess that you did not notice that Lady Galadria bears these same arms, marked as a cadet. But this (he indicates a black crescent on the lower part) marks this as the eldest child. I believe that this must have been Britomart's armor, before she outgrew it. We shall have to have Jack, here, repaint it in your arms. What are they, or do you wish to use a ruse-de-guerre?
Closed Thread