Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 12:03 PM   #1
Derian_Fenor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

just got the icewind dale ultimate collection, been looking at it for years and finally got it. My question is what is the xp cap for the first one? how? and i am in chapter 5 so don't give any spoilers i want to know how to get to the how stuff? is it like baldurs gate where they add one map and a few quests? or is it a new main scenario? also i heard that i was supposed to get some things for the arborium thing in the hand in dorns deep but didn't find anything. another thing in the hand i found a barrel of holy water, what do i do with it? thanks
Derian_Fenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Welcome to the forums!

If you have HoW installed, the xp cap is level 30 for all classes (if you are multiclassed then its 30/30 or 30/30/30, and dual classes can get to x->30).

HoW items have been added into the game, you won't tell the difference between them and the originals unless you play without HoW installed first.

The arborium items are found later in the game, outside the Hand.

The Holy Water is :spoilers:
`
`
`
`
`
given to the priestess ghost in the cleric tower for a quest. Easy enough, and a good reward.

Also, HoW adds more or less another game, which can be accessed by going through one of the doors in Kuldahar or by starting a game in expansion only and importing characters. HoW should only be played with high level (endgame of original) characters, unles you are looking for a huge challenge.

Good luck!
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 02:18 PM   #3
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Ah... the job of errand boy. You just never out grow that do you?
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 01:17 AM   #4
Derian_Fenor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks
well i just beat the ending demon, but didn't find anything about lonleywood (the new game?)
so i guess i will just import my party and start the expansion
will i have to get all the badges again to beat the game again?
Old 06-13-2005, 01:24 AM   #5
Aerich
Lord Ao

If you play an expansion-only game, you will not have to get all the badges again.

I assume you have Heart of Winter. If you don't have it already, I would advise you to download the free expansion Trials of the Luremaster (TotL). It can be found here.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:26 AM   #6
Derian_Fenor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

trials of the luremaster?
i thought how was the expansion
i bought a icewind dale the ultimate collection
from comp usa
it contained icewind dale, how, and icewind dale 2
i think
Old 06-13-2005, 03:06 PM   #7
Aerich
Lord Ao

Yep, I have the UC as well. HoW is the expansion, but Trials is the free (and worthwhile) expansion to the expansion. It's worth it, as it adds a decently large new area to explore.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:22 AM   #8
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Derian_Fenor:
thanks
well i just beat the ending demon, but didn't find anything about lonleywood (the new game?)
so i guess i will just import my party and start the expansion
will i have to get all the badges again to beat the game again?
The path to the heart of winter areas are found by going back to Kuldahar and talking to Hrothgar the Barbarian who is found in one of the cottages just south of temple. Unless your party is sufficiently high level, Hrothgar won't grant you access to the portal to take you to lonelywood.

If you have an old save game from right after you got the sixth badge, you can load that and then head back to Kuldahar.

No to the badges - UNLESS you start the entire game from scratch. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also, Trials of the Luremaster is a free (albeit BIG - 76meg) download that adds a bunch of new areas and some nice weapons. This free expansion ALSO contains the latest patches and is well recommended. Installation order is IWD, HOW and TotLM.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 09:57 AM   #9
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

I also have UC and it was the best game purchase I have ever made...

(mostly because of IWD II) [img]graemlins/survivor.gif[/img]