Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2003, 09:19 AM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Uh..MagiK, don't ever visit my house or those of many of my friends and neighbors....we have insurance stipulating we don't allow smoking in our homes! Get a nice discount for that too- less fire hazard, I guess.

I think you mentioned kids and bars.. LOL, I was going to add above that the 'pool halls' are more family oriented these days, at least up here, so maybe no smoking policies there means more families go? Just a wild guess, but it could be a partial reason, if nothing else. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2003, 09:25 AM   #22
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

My kid has asthma. Trust me you will not want to smoke near him. It WILL be a hazard to your health. And NO I will not be tying him up outside a cafe. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Umm you shouldn't be taking your kid into bars dude

That area is reserved for addicts.
I think you may of noticed but others may have not, I said cafe not bar. But just for clarifacation a cafe down here does not sell alcohol.

[ 05-08-2003, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]
Old 05-08-2003, 09:29 AM   #23
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

The difference between cigarettes and alchohol is that you can drink as much as you like and it won't affect anyone else {(unless you drive home after of course) or are a "fighting drunk"}.

If you smoke, whether they like it or not, you are poisoning everyone else around you with your chemicals.
I am in favour of a complete ban on smoking in public places (including bars, restaurants and cafes), like there is in most work places in the UK.

As a body builder and fitness type guy, I don't see why, just by choosing to go to a bar or club, I should be subjected to the chemicals that those whos choice is to poison themsleves choose to inflict on themselves.

Oh yes, and I've got a little girl of 18 months, if anyone smokes near her out somewhere, I find a menacing glare does the trick.

[ 05-08-2003, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Desdicado ]
Old 05-08-2003, 09:35 AM   #24
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

All I have to say is, whats next? I thought they did away with the commies in the states a while back? An example: They made, not wearing a seatbelt a primary offence in Washington St., this means they can pull you over just for that. While I am an advocate of seatbelt use, It should be a personal desision IMO. I heard on the news last night that they are going to only pay overtime to cops if they meet a quota of 3 seatbelt violations a week! Sounds like Communism to me.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:38 AM   #25
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

I don't think it's communism to want to protect those who don't want to be poisoned by other peoples smoke my friend.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:40 AM   #26
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
All I have to say is, whats next? I thought they did away with the commies in the states a while back? Sounds like Communism to me.
Sounds like common sense to me [img]tongue.gif[/img] shame you have to legislate to protect people from themselves

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 05-08-2003, 09:41 AM   #27
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

You're right there Wellard, just like the seatbelt law in the UK, people complained but it's saved thousands of lives.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:42 AM   #28
LordKathen

Quote:
Originally posted by Desdicado:
I don't think it's communism to want to protect those who don't want to be poisoned by other peoples smoke my friend.
Thats very true. But if you go into a privately owned establishment knowing there is smoke, what do you expect? Why should we have to pay for there ignorance or whining? If you dont like the "atmosphere", dont go. People who don't like alcohol dont go to a bar, right? The point is, why is the gov. advocating private business like this?
Old 05-08-2003, 09:54 AM   #29
LordKathen

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
All I have to say is, whats next? I thought they did away with the commies in the states a while back? Sounds like Communism to me.
Sounds like common sense to me [img]tongue.gif[/img] shame you have to legislate to protect people from themselves [/QUOTE] But thats my point. I don't need or want legislation protecting me from my own desisions. That is communism. That is the gov. slowly taking away our freedom to choose our own path in life. Next, you wont be able to fart in public, becouse it offended somebody. Are they going to give me a ticket for that, or just let that person sue me? You have to look down the road. Guns are on the line. I personaly hate guns. I feel inclined to get one, why, to protect myself from other guns! See the parodox? The irony. Mark my words, your freedom is being flushed quickly before your eyes, by method of attacking the self destructive issues first. Again, whats next?
Old 05-08-2003, 10:00 AM   #30
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

In my mind, there is a BIG difference between offending someone and giving someone else cancer, emphasima (sp?), and other lung diseases.