Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2001, 02:07 PM   #1
Gray Mage
Banned User

I just walked out of the tanners shop, and was approached by one of Jaheria's teachers. They said that if i didn't go back to the Harper hold(this will be the Third time), they will make it difficult for me to live. That they will continue to attack me. Do I go back for another ambush??
Old 02-24-2001, 02:40 PM   #2
BLACK KNIGHT

Yep, just be ready for battle. Good Luck. Not a hard battle, but not a cakewalk either.

BK

Old 02-24-2001, 02:45 PM   #3
Gray Mage
Banned User

Man am I tired of that place, the first time I went in there I got smoked. I had to reload, and ihave this habit of not saving often, there fore I lost about 3 days(game time) of quests and items.
>
>
Thanks,
GM
Old 02-24-2001, 02:54 PM   #4
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I have Jaheira in my party, too. I can't remember exactly, but everytime it came up to go to the Harpers I have done so. I don't know if you're talking about when they accuse you of stuff. . . no, if it is Jaheira's teacher it is probably after that. Yes, they will continue to harrass and you will have to kill two or maybe three sets of Harpers that come gunning for you. Eventually, I ended up killing Jaheira's teacher. I think (like I said it's been awhile), after the fights Jahiera goes off to the Harper's Guild on her on (after you rest). Go look for her there, no ambushes and I've had no more encounters with the Harpers out to get me since then. I will be honest that I don't know for sure if this is the end of it, but Jaheira says something about them (that is, the "bad guys") not being real Harpers or corrupted or something. Anyway, I haven't had any troublre with them in quite some time.

Hope this helps!
Reeka

BTW like your sig (graphic) where did you get it?
Old 02-24-2001, 03:54 PM   #5
RAISTLIN

Quit whinning and go kick their asses again. After all you are they GRAY MAGE. Let them feel your power!

Also if Jahiera doesn't shut up. feel free to take her out too.

Old 02-24-2001, 05:46 PM   #6
Epona
Zartan

I have managed to avoid being attacked by Harpers other than the first time you return to the Harper Hold and are quizzed about your fave colour etc.
I think this is due to alignment (or possibly reputation) rather than dialogue choices. When I played as lawful good with rep of 20, whenever we were approached by angry Harpers, Jaheira would convince them that my character was a force for good, and they didn't attack, but accepted that we had done many good deeds. However, when I played as Chaotic Neutral with a slightly lower rep (although not below average) Jaheira was unable to convince them (they would say that I was no angel) and a battle ensued. I tried every dialogue choice to get out of it, because I was at a low level at the time, and it was therefore a hard battle.
Old 02-24-2001, 07:30 PM   #7
Gray Mage
Banned User

Yeah they shoot first ask questions.......actually they die so the questions never come. (HEHE)
Old 02-24-2001, 07:57 PM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Nobody is even going to notice or mourn for the loss of a couple of Harpers....besides, it is good experience......