Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2001, 09:43 AM   #81
Legolas the Elven Archer

Res was nearly boiling over with rage. Who did this man think he was? Res had just offered him three thousand gold pieces for a simple task, and the man demanded to know more about their goals! Yet he kept his peace.

'Vangard and I are mercenaries. We were hired by a servant of our bider, who prefers to remain anonymous. Our task is to transport a box with unknown content to a contact in the Giant Plains. Now Vangard here is confident of his abilities to complete this task without help, but since our employer has made gold availiable to hire other adventurers, I gladly make use of it. There are Wolf raiders in the plains, and if the worst comes to the worst we'll have to face such a band. Now I can offer you three thousand gold pieces, like I said. Will you join us or not?'

Res hoped the mage would believe every word he said and stop his questioning, for it was getting late and he wanted to find some more adventurers.

Old 10-27-2001, 10:03 AM   #82
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

he turned his back to the stranger *hmmmm, I see no reason not to accept*
then suddenly spun back *well, at least I don't have to act like a pompoyus ass anymore, I didn't mean to treat you like that, but you can't trust everyone, that is why I was inquisitive*

------------------
Resident cantankerous sorcerer of the Clan HADB
and Sorcerous Nuttella salesman of the O.R.T

Long live HADB!!!

'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'
Old 10-27-2001, 11:46 AM   #83
Legolas the Elven Archer

'T'is most wise to be careful these days' Res said. 'Now I must take my leave and recruit some more protection, not that I doubt your skills, of course. Meet me and Vangard at the west gate, near the fallen statue of our majesty the king at the first hour of dawn tomorrow.'

With that, the halfling stood up and went back to his friend. Vangard obviously didn't appreciate what the halfling had done, and soon smacked another table. Eventually the Dwarf settled down and the two began a quiet conversation.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-27-2001, 03:30 PM   #84
Legolas the Elven Archer

Res' eyes fell on the soldier sitting with the redhaired girl next. The man was officially not availiable for any long-term adventure, but Res had learned that men like that one always found a way to make some money. They either excused themselves from work by claiming their auntie was sick, or they simply bribed their commanders.
He walked over to their table, and if he were any other than Res, his halfling nature would not allow him to break into a conversation like he was about to do. The two would probably be insulted and angry, but in Res believed there was nothing money couldn't buy.

'Pardon me,' he began, 'but I would like a word with you good sir.'

As Res had expected, the man shot him an angry look, after which he turned his attention back to the girl.

'I have an interesting offer for you. A simple task for which you will be paid handsomely.'

The soldier sighed.

'If it is such a simple task, why do you not do it yourself. Liliara and I would like to be left alone for now.'

Undaunted, Res continued.

'Ah, but I am not capable of preforming the task at hand by myself, and time is most certainly not on my side. I am not talking about a few pieces of gold here, I am talking of thousands.'

Res suddenly noticed the girl's sword standing by the side of her chair.

'The girl may be interested to hear about this as well...'

Old 10-28-2001, 09:28 PM   #85
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: Legalos, you play the halfling better than I do
so, the mage joined us
I've sent the characters
Shadow
Kendril
Legolas
the mage (always forgot his name)

now we need Liliara. once hers is done, we can formally rock on!
I am writing the Stallion Thread now

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-28-2001).]
Old 10-28-2001, 10:43 PM   #86
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

::Liliara looks to the newcomer with a slight annoyance, however, her sweet smile remains.:: What is it that you think I might be interested in? ::She cocks her head a little to the side and waits for his answer::

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 10-28-2001, 10:46 PM   #87
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC:
continue here:

the Stallion

btw, where are our men? lol, not too active, hmm? how is going there, Liliara?

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-28-2001).]