Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-10-2001, 01:17 PM   #31
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
Don't worry, she will be back ... and if I have to knock her unconscious and drag her back here !

We could always go over to Fance and hold her AD&D set hostage.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 10-10-2001, 01:34 PM   #32
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/No...ML/003991.html
Quote:
Originally posted by Dio
Okay, as one of the apparently despised "new" members, let me say that I find the attitude of some of you older people personally insulting. You act as if this is rightfully your board, and that we are just getting in the way of your fun.
I am not stopping you from posting whatever the heck you want. Go right ahead. But don't just sit there, whining about the loss of the good old days. Post away!!!!!

(This quote isn't from this thread, the quote is from the url given above)
Very subtle Dio

Moiraine, don't leave, we have to stick together here, to many have already left please...

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
I'd be Mirac, mighty mage of er... uhm.. er.. - Mirac Honorguard
Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
Magical advisor of MiLady Lioness

[This message has been edited by Mirac Honorguard (edited 10-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Mirac Honorguard (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 01:38 PM   #33
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Pardon me for asking, but why on EARTH is Moraine leaving?

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 10-10-2001, 02:21 PM   #34
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirac Honorguard:

(This quote isn't from this thread, the quote is from the url given above)
Very subtle Dio

Moiraine, don't leave, we have to stick together here, to many have already left please...

[/B][/QUOTE]

First of all, Mirac, nice to meet you !

Secondly, while you are correct in that that post hurt Moiraine very much, it was most certainly only the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back: her actual reasons for making the decision to leave were much more complex and really an accumulation of pent up frustration with the recent state of the forum and even world affairs from the last couple of weeks. So, fingerpointing at Dio is furthermore at least partially unfair and more importantly isn't the kind of thing that will be very helpful in creating the kind of atmosphere here at IW that would make it any more appealing for Moiraine to return.

I know you meant well, but please keep in mind what I said.

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 02:31 PM   #35
Neb
Account deleted by Request

*Sigh* I do hope she will return or that she will reconsider and not leave at all, by the way, does anyone know why Moni left? And whether it's temporary or not.
Old 10-10-2001, 03:11 PM   #36
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
We could always go over to Fance and hold her AD&D set hostage.

That is an excellent idea indeed !

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 10-10-2001, 03:34 PM   #37
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Okay, time to eat some crow. I said:

"Okay, as one of the apparently despised "new" members, let me say that I find the attitude of some of you older people personally insulting. You act as if this is rightfully your board, and that we are just getting in the way of your fun.
I am not stopping you from posting whatever the heck you want. Go right ahead. But don't just sit there, whining about the loss of the good old days. Post away!!!!!"

Upon rereading this post in a calmer mood I fully admit that it displays unwarranted anger and hostility. I am deeply sorry for that.

By way of explanation (though certainly not an excuse -- there is a difference) I was going on little sleep at the time and deeply involved in the heavy debates raging about the current international situation. For taking a stand against what I consider to be hasty and unwise action which will result in only more long term death and violence and suffering in the future, I have been accused of being in league with the terrorists, of actively supporting their cause, of being a traitor to my country, and lots of other things which I don't care to go into for the present purpose.

It was with these things fresh in my mind that I encountered Absynthe's thread regarding the state of the forum, and saw the posts in that thread complaining about the serious discussion threads.

My perspective at the time on what was being said was that here we are engaged in an armed conflict which will end lord knows where, and people are complaining because some of us want to talk about such things instead of what we had for breakfast this morning. I completely lost my cool and overreacted in anger and frustration.

Moiraine, I see now that I was misconstruing what you were saying, and I apologize for my unjustified overreaction in anger to it.

Please do not leave on that account.

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 10-11-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 04:07 PM   #38
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Dio, nobody has to leave for any reason other than their own needs/desires. You are as welcome as any other member. Your apology was very sweet and I'm sure that when Moiraine feels up to posting and reading again, she will.

I must admit that I too have felt like 'leaving' on a few occasions, but this too shall pass, as they say. We grow and change and learn and start all over again here. Sometimes a few of us need time to adjust and when we do, we come back fresh and take our place in the community again. Moiraine needs some 'down' time and I think we'll see her bright and caring self again soon.

Hmmmm... holding her AD&D hostage.. yah, that could do it! Anyone want to send me to France, I volunteer to undertake that mission!

Now will you all go out and dance the funky chicken or have Cheerios for Breakfast and tell us about them (sorry Dio, dear, I couldn't help myself!) and RELAX!

CloudCounselor

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-10-2001, 04:11 PM   #39
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dio, for heaven's sakes, don't leave! Dude, I may not agree with all your views, but by the gods, I'll defend your right to say them unto the end. (Same as with everyone here, and I know Memnoch has said the same thing, too.) As long as we keep perspective and respect for all other members, I'm fine with what's being said.

Everyone is running on major stress right now, myself included. Things will calm down again in a bit.

Cheers,

------------------
Old 10-10-2001, 04:18 PM   #40
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Dio, for heaven's sakes, don't leave! Dude, I may not agree with all your views, but by the gods, I'll defend your right to say them unto the end. (Same as with everyone here, and I know Memnoch has said the same thing, too.) As long as we keep perspective and respect for all other members, I'm fine with what's being said.

Everyone is running on major stress right now, myself included. Things will calm down again in a bit.

Cheers,

Cloudy and Saz, thanks. Don't worry, I am not running off yet. I intended to wait until she responded in the affirmative first Sorry if that wasn't clear.