Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-19-2003, 08:53 AM   #1
Il Porko
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've been reading posts on the board and I'm wondering how many (in game) days it take people to finish the game? Do most people do all quests, or is it a case of getting the money together to get to Spellhold quickly?
Il Porko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 09:01 AM   #2
Alson
Galvatron

My average SoA game takes about 50 to 70 days, since i suffer from a basic flaw of BG2 perfectionists -- do all quests, garner every XP point. Fortunately, after quite a few games now, i no longer talk to each and every person in the map.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 09:50 AM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

It depends on the kind of party you're playing with, as well... I'm currently soloing a solo blade, and it took me 45 (!) in-game days to get out of Irenicus' dungeon. Why, you ask? I overlooked the part that a single rest to get fully healed took 15 (!) days, so all of this time, Irenicus and Imoen were waiting for me outside to begin their little sketch. Hope they didn't catch a nasty cold. And it also depends on the number of quests you want to do, of course. If you're playing really straightforward and don't do any quests that have nothing to do with the final plot, you could go through BG2 in a lot less time. I've heard about people finishing the game in 20 in-game days or something along those lines. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2003, 10:08 AM   #4
Galadriel
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
and it took me 45 (!) in-game days to get out of Irenicus' dungeon. [img]smile.gif[/img]
45 days??? wow! I am like Alson and do every quest so it takes me a while

[ 02-19-2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Galadriel ]
Galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 10:11 AM   #5
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

It often takes 40+, even though my party has the most wicked sleeping/resting habits. They decided to camp to underdark for 4 days and somehow nobody in the caves heard their storytelling and laughing, or smelled the smoke from the campfire. It seems to me that most of the monsters in BG are deaf anyway.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:13 AM   #6
Annatar
Mephistopheles

it depends if I do all the Quests... but most of the time it is 40 - 50 hours when I finish the game...

[ 02-19-2003, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 02-19-2003, 10:34 AM   #7
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hrmmm. One of my longest games took about 150 days.

Solo Skald. He had to rest a lot to get back much needed spells. He never really rested because he was injured, just because the magical tank was empty and needed a refill.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 10:54 AM   #8
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

With my new party I am currently 48 days into the game and in Chapter 6. I've dealt with just about every major quest and encounter available in SoA + Tactics/Solaufein Mod, except for The Ritual, Watcher's Keep and Stronghold quests. I reckon I'll kill Irenicus before Day 60.

I never sleep more than 8 hours at a time. Healing potions, Rings of Regen, Draw Upon Holy Might, and Lay on Hands keeps my party healthy without the need to sleep.

They do get fatigued very often though, since I like to keep my party hasted at all times and have thus devoted Solaufein's entire Lvl 3 spellbook to Haste spells. Cumulative Fatigues will give you enormous penalties to your THAC0, so even though my party is rarely badly injured, I have to rest pretty often since my fighters can't hit a house from the inside after running out of Haste 4-5 times.

[ 02-19-2003, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 02-19-2003, 11:15 AM   #9
Eternal
Manshoon

Quote:
Cumulative Fatigues will give you enormous penalties to your THAC0, so even though my party is rarely badly
geez..... it stacks?
no wonder.... this explains a few weird situations.
(i to keep haste at all times)
preciate that.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:04 PM   #10
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Hmmm, since I downloaded TDD and ran and beat my most recent game, also going through Watcher's Keep, it took me about 95 days I think. Though this doesn't include the side quest of Trollford on TDD, with the patch doing that anyway. Don't know if this is good or bad, but I don't really care anyway.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote