Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2003, 10:21 AM   #1
The Lilarcor
Elminster

Since thieves backstab when they are hidden in shadows, shouldn't rangers be able to backstab when hidden in shadows or is it just thieves who back stab?
Also, are just daggers and small swords used for backstabbing or can bows and crossbows be used as well?
Old 07-23-2003, 10:37 AM   #2
Jim
Quintesson

Only the Stalker Ranger kit can also backstab (although as a lesser degree than a high level thief).

A thief can backstab with any weapon he can become proficient in (bar bows and crossbows), so clubs, staves will also do the trick.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 01:17 PM   #3
Yanez
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim:
Only the Stalker Ranger kit can also backstab (although as a lesser degree than a high level thief).

A thief can backstab with any weapon he can become proficient in (bar bows and crossbows), so clubs, staves will also do the trick.
But what about katanas? I had Yoshi and Valygar once and I tried to backstab Tolgerias, both of them are proficient in katanas, but if you try to backstab with it you will get ˝Weapon unsuitable for backstab˝ message.
Yanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 01:23 PM   #4
BaRoN NiGhT

it should work also with katanas.works properly for me.have the latest patches?

--------------------
BaRoN NiGhT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 01:32 PM   #5
Yanez
Manshoon

Yep, official patch, Baldurdash Fixpack, and some WeiDU mods -in that order.

[ 07-23-2003, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Yanez ]
Yanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 04:36 PM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

A little off topic, but in true 2nd Ed., all Rangers are allowed to backstab, if they buy that ability.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 04:42 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
A little off topic, but in true 2nd Ed., all Rangers are allowed to backstab, if they buy that ability.
Talking about implenting 2nd Edition rules into the game [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 05:54 PM   #8
wellard
Dracolisk

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
it should work also with katanas.works properly for me.have the latest patches?

--------------------
I can not backstab with a katana either? is there a specific mod to fix this?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 06:26 PM   #9
daan
Silver Dragon

Baldurdash should fix it.

Quoted from baldurdash, Shadows of Amn bugfixes
Quote:
Stalkers Losing Backstab Ability Fix resolves the bug which would cause all non-protagonist Stalker rangers (most notably Valygar) to permanently lose their Backstab ability if they died and were raised by any method. Note: although this will not restore the Backstab of a Stalker in an existing game, it will prevent it from happening again, and the ReadMe contains detailed instructions on how to restore it.)
Quote:
Valygar's Corthala Family Blade Backstab & AC Bonus Fix adds the missing 2 AC bonus vs. Slashing weapons that is supposed to be there as per the description, updating the previous fix for this item that resolves the problem of Valygar not being able to backstab with it. Thanks to Beige Tangerine for the backstab fix!
Old 07-23-2003, 08:13 PM   #10
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
Good to see I'm not the only one who knows a little too much about the 2nd ED rules.