Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-26-2004, 08:23 AM   #11
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Rest and fluids are important, for sure.

You may also consider acetominophen (Tylenol) and ibuprofin (Motrin). They are fever reducers (and they've both worked wonders on my kids). Motrin is a little longer-lasting (6 hours vs. 4).

Did I mention rest? It deserves to be said twice...
Actually I'd argue agaist taking fever reducing substrates, unless absolutely necessary, since they actually work against the immune system.

Rest is what I'd recommend too. Should it get worse, take some aspirins and call your doctor. Forcing yourself to take a cold shower is also something to consider should the tempreature rise.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:30 AM   #12
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
I had 41.2 fever last year. Filled the thub with COLD wather and layed there for 15 mins and that cooled me down for a while. The bad thing was I was delusionall as hell.
Yeah. Luckily I haven't had any great fever for the last 6 or 7 years but when I was a kid and had a great fever (I think the greatest I've had is like 39.8) then I got into a very cold bath.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:04 PM   #13
uss
20th Level Warrior

Hey, a quick question before I go to watch Anime.

How logical and physiologically explainable would it be to go jogging 3.2 kilometres and not going to school for 8 hours in the same because of fever?

I'm just planning my scedhule for tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:14 PM   #14
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Uh... the reason why you aren't going to school is because of the fever and you are to jog 3.2 km. Don't jog with a fever... but then moving around and sweating is fine I think... For me I tend to lose my fever in the day... and then it comes back when I sleep. Odd
Old 04-26-2004, 02:19 PM   #15
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Uh... the reason why you aren't going to school is because of the fever and you are to jog 3.2 km.
Well yeah, I'm trying to figure out whether or not that's logical.

Then again, while yesterday I could barely walk straight, I can make sudden moves( only slightly slower than normally). However, it's the mindwork that's irritating. Mental frustration seems to be much more of an issue than physical workout.

Also, keeping in mind that the current Tuesday schooldays have the absolute worst lesson schedule I've ever had, 8.15 AM to 4.05 PM, 8 lessons, including 2 maths, a Russian, English, Physics and Chemistry, it's bound to mentally frustrate! Believe it or not, English is the most annoying of these lessons - My teacher likes to say her piece and argue, and I tend to disagree with her opinion. Anyway..

The place where I got the idea from was my brother "You know what helps against a low fever? Lets' go jogging tomorrow morning." His sense of logic isn't always perfect, so I don't know what to do.

An important thing to note is that I have a fever of only 37,2 1/2. Some consider this 'Healthy, fixed and ready to go.' But there are 2 factors in illness, which are the temperature and the ill person's feel(awareness of symptoms), more important of which is the second one. And I don't feel completely fixed yet.

But I really just don't know. This post was rather meaningless in some points(because of the illness, maybe) but it's too long to delete.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:22 PM   #16
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Hope your illn 'uss' ( sorry, couldn't resist [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) clears up soon. What temperature units are they? Celsius? And are you sure anime is the best thing to watch [img]smile.gif[/img] with the bright colours and stuff? Well, you gotta do something [img]smile.gif[/img] ...I'd stay away from your brother until you clear up
Old 04-27-2004, 12:12 AM   #17
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
You may also consider acetominophen (Tylenol) and ibuprofin (Motrin). They are fever reducers (and they've both worked wonders on my kids). Motrin is a little longer-lasting (6 hours vs. 4).
Actually I'd argue agaist taking fever reducing substrates, unless absolutely necessary, since they actually work against the immune system.[/QUOTE]Okay, edumacate me s'il te plait, Willow. How does the fever reduction work against you? I'm curious...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:32 AM   #18
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I can answer that.
The body produces a fever to try to nuke out the nasty invading forces and help the white blood cells along.
By reducing the fever, you make it easier on the nasty invading forces.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:19 PM   #19
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Ahh... gives me a whole new perspective on fevers... except when it's high fevers caused by mosquitos... dang.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:44 PM   #20
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Don't go overboard with fever induction however, hydration is very important so make sure to drink plenty of fluids whilst allowing a fever to work for you.