Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-23-2004, 07:22 PM   #11
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Just went to the barbershop for some maintenance on my haircut (I'm currently trying to grow it somewhat longer), and I left the place in a state of complete shock.
I'm probably not the only man around here who tried to grow sideburns, and others will probably agree with me that it's a process that takes a lot of patience (and some initial ridicule when it's not quite "there" yet ); especially if you've got a very light hair colour like I do, it takes quite a lot of time before you'll see the results. And after months of waiting, my efforts were finally starting to show some results.

For that reason, I specifically asked the hairdresser not to make the side-burns any shorter - and what happened next is easy to guess. I wasn't paying attention for a few seconds, and with two swipes of her electric razor, she cuts out a major part next to the ears - effectively destroying the connection between the facial and the head part of my hair that had taken me months to grow, causing a gap of more than a centimeter between the two "bulwarks". I managed to keep her from cutting the rest off as well, but that's about the only thing I was able to utter in protest - I've been pretty much catatonic ever since. No sadness, anger or violent tendencies whatsoever, just disbelief, shock - I have the feeling that it's going to take days before my eyes will lose their current saucer-like wideness.

So... Anyone else got any hairdresser horror anecdotes to share?
Was it a proper hairdressers ? sounds to me as though they're running a clip joint.
Old 04-24-2004, 11:11 PM   #12
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

I was really young, and i went to a different hairdresser, and she cut me with the electric clippers, it seems ears bleed a supprising ammount, anyway i found hairdressers scary for a while after that
Old 04-25-2004, 12:08 AM   #13
Jorath Calar
Harper

I'm going on monday to a barber... and man do I need it... I'm starting to look like something out of the movie Clan of the Cavebear...