Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-11-2001, 09:36 PM   #41
Lady Nightshade
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Put my name on that list as well, Victor von Steino; I want to check out this yabb-kind of board as well. (username Grojlach e-mail marsplm@hotmail.com) What I've seen of this kind of boards until now wasn't really positive, just an UBB clone with a memberlist; but perhaps you guys installed some cool hacks?
Ah well, at the moment nothing beats Ikonboard IMO. Once the new ikonboard version 3 is stable enough, some people here will drool all over it.
Hey...this is actually Ken using LN/Shaz's login...you like ikonboard?? ikonboard was made by a person that defected from YaBB...so YaBB is better in my opinion, I had an ikonboard and moved to YaBB...you can see my YaBB board if you go to TeamBG.com BTW.

=)

Old 07-11-2001, 10:42 PM   #42
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I like YaBB over the current Ikonboards...I haven't seen Ikon 3 so I can't comment. YaBB's got some cool features and it's very quick even on a 56k which I used to have. I was glad when TeamBG moved to a YaBB from Ikonboard, I was always having problems displaying the smileys.

UBB version 6 (which we're moving to) is the bomb though, front-end features are quite amazing.

------------------
Old 07-11-2001, 10:52 PM   #43
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:

PS I'm an admin of some pretty crowded message boards around, but I've never seen moderators explode over such a small misunderstanding... If it was offensive, well, then I apologize.

Hi Groljach from Elysium, how are you, mate. You may be missing a bit of history here. There have been a lot of flamers and saboteurs that used to harass Shazira and Ken and they had to take certain precautions. We all hope that's a thing of the past now.

------------------
Old 07-11-2001, 11:40 PM   #44
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

I figured I'd take a look over there and signed on ok but when I got to the forums every time I selected a topic I got the log-on screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-11-2001, 11:54 PM   #45
Victor von Steiner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by machinehead:
I figured I'd take a look over there and signed on ok but when I got to the forums every time I selected a topic I got the log-on screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hey Machinehead. Make sure you check the box saying Stay Logged on. That might me your problem.

------------------
Vampire Lord

I am your Lord.
I dine on the Best.
So come, give me your BLOOD!
Old 07-12-2001, 12:03 AM   #46
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

I tried that every time I logged in. I also tried the " forgot your password " thing. I'm pretty much a stone when it comes to computors - I've never even sent an e-mail! thanks anyway.
Old 07-12-2001, 12:57 AM   #47
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by machinehead:
I tried that every time I logged in. I also tried the " forgot your password " thing. I'm pretty much a stone when it comes to computors - I've never even sent an e-mail! thanks anyway.
HI Machinehead! Try checking your browser settings. Set them to accept cookies and see if you still have a problem once you get the password right. The password was probably re-sent to your email address (from registration). But it MAY have been delayed because the firewall had a little hissyfit.

Ken... I love that board (MH). Has a nice look and feel to it. Do wish I could see which forum guests are posting in at any given time like you can here...but pm makes it easy to track 'em down so it's not a big deal. LOVE that pm system.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 07-12-2001, 01:05 AM   #48
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Doh!
Thanks Cloudy, I had them disabled.
Old 07-12-2001, 01:11 AM   #49
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

You are most welcome! Come see me in General Board or Advice and stop into the NEWBIE forum to say hello to all the Hall.

Cloudy
aka IceAngel in MH

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 07-12-2001, 01:11 AM   #50
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Milamber? Did your pw finally get to you? Let me or Shazira or someone know if it doesen't!

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen