Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2001, 10:49 PM   #1
frostgiantsson
Dungeon Master

This is the most frustrating encounter in the whole game so far (for me). I have defeated two liches (in the bridge and beneath the temple district). Now, I face Kangaxx in the docks. I quickly (relatively) get him to near death w/ seemingly no magical protections, and then I proceed to wail on him (ostensibly delivering damage galore) for an hour as he slowly (very slowly) wears me down w/ small damage. HE WON'T DIE. I've tried everything I know. Someone please help!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2001, 11:13 PM   #2
joetbd
Manshoon

just do a "search" with the keyword, Kangaxx. This question has been answered in depth, zillions of times.

Are you using "Prot. from Undead"?
Old 07-06-2001, 11:20 PM   #3
skier9205
Manshoon

Search for the numerous posts of Kangaxx or go to GameBanshee's Sratigies

Hope this helps!
Old 07-06-2001, 11:34 PM   #4
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

(SPOILER) - but since you're asking for help, you need to read it anyway...

Fighting Kangaxx is actually a two-part thing - first in his normal lich form, which when destroyed, becomes a demi-lich. However, Kangaxx needs to talk to you in order for the script to work correctly. If the script doesn't work properly, he can't be killed.

Are you using a Prot from Undead scroll? If so, that will make the lich ignore you, hence the necessary dialogue doesn;t take place, hence he can't be killed.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc