Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2001, 01:12 PM   #1
newander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have read here that many think that the armor of deep night is one of the best armors for the thief to use.

But what about Aeger's hide?? It is also bought in adventure's mart. both armors have AC3. But Aeger's hide has immunity to confusion and 15% resistance to cold, acid and fire..

the thing that differs the most is the weight.. armor of deep night just weights 7 and Aeger's hide weights 35. Is that why armor of deep night is better??

is the weight of great importance??

please tell me..
Old 10-27-2001, 01:44 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Best Thief Armour is the Shadow Dragon Scale Armour.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!
-------------------------
Party Sorcerer Spell List, v1.03
Dragon Slaying Tips
For your daily dosage of insanity,
Old 10-27-2001, 01:54 PM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Wait 'till you see some of the stuff you can get in Tob! Those studded leathers are just plain awesome!

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.

Paladin of the order, first bodyguard of Lady Lioness and defender of Castle Kerhelm
Old 10-27-2001, 04:13 PM   #4
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

spoiler
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
some of the armor in tob just RULES. and you get one of the best in the first part of the game. the grandmasters armor is awesome. i give that and boots of the gargoyle to my fighter/thief, and he is just awesome.

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Old 10-27-2001, 04:56 PM   #5
Jim
Quintesson

SPOILERS
I agree that shadow dragon scale Armour is great for thieves as it's AC1 and has good armour class modifiers. Weight is not important, as all armour falls into categories that have various AC modifiers (see tables in the back of manual). Bladesinger chain is also good, but provides less protection against bludgeoning weapons that the dragon scale. It can be upgraded in ToB however. The best possible armour that thieves can use in the whole of SoA/ToB is white dragon scale (find the scales in watchers keep level 3) as it's AC-2!!

[This message has been edited by Jim (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old 10-27-2001, 04:57 PM   #6
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I agree with the Aeger's Hide - works great for those Yuan-Ti mages always trying their "chaos" - but I think Shadow Dragon Armor gives you the 'lowest' AC, if that's what you're after.

And yes......you just have to see ToB to find out the real soup of armors.

------------------
Old 10-27-2001, 05:34 PM   #7
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
boots of the gargoyle to my fighter/thief, and he is just awesome.

Don't spoil me on the location, but just what exactly are the capabilities of those boots?
Old 10-27-2001, 07:10 PM   #8
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Don't spoil me on the location, but just what exactly are the capabilities of those boots?
Spoiler

Wearer is immune to backstab
Stoneskin 2 times/day (2 skins per use)

[This message has been edited by Jim (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old 10-28-2001, 05:30 AM   #9
newander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

listen.. I didn't ask about the greater leather armors that you can get in ToB because I haven't bought it yet. I was hoping to get an explanation about Aeger's Hide and the armor of deep night.

Shouldn't Aeger's Hide be better because it has the same AC but has immunity to confusion and has 15% resistance to fire, cold and acid!!

and then I asked if weight is of importance. and THAT I did get an answer to by Jim.
But what is this? people starting a new conversation about a whole other thing?? why not do a new thread of your own and talk about whatever you want to talk about?
I would be happy if anyone would talk about my questions.

Thanks..

Old 10-28-2001, 05:54 AM   #10
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

think of it like this. only every so often will you get attacked by one of those types; let's say a flame arrow hits you. instead of 30 dmg you only take 26. or an acid arrow for 10 instead of 12. really not a big deal.

most of the best stuff in the game is either found or made, not bought. i usually get by with maevar's shadow thief armor until i get the night's gift or shadow dragon scale. if you need extra protection just forgo the backstab and slap on some full plate for that battle.