Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
Shadow Stranger

Default That CD2

If you do a maximum install, you must have the Play CD in the drive if you actually want to play the game. My guess is that you never really use the CD, the game has everything it needs on the hard drive.

If that is the case, it would presumably require a patch to override the command to load the CD. Reading the SSPath.dat file did show "CD ROM D:" on the second line. But I could not find a way to alter it.

Would anyone know how to override the need to insert the CD? It just sits in the drive doing absolutely nothing.

I can only imagine that it is meant to be an anti - counterfeiting mechanism.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:57 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: That CD2

Use virtual cd/ virtual drive. It'll copy the entire content of the cd inside your harddisk so that you won't have to use cd to play the game anymore.

Last edited by Kakero; 12-10-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:57 PM   #3
Shadow Stranger

Default Re: That CD2

Use of a Virtual CD makes installing the game about four times faster and a whole lot quieter.

I can't actually get the game to run from the virtual hard drive though, I get a "CD Rom disc failure" message. This still happens even after I re-installed the game from the virtual drive. By contrast, if I insert the real CD disc into the real CD drive, everything is ok. Has anyone succeeded in actually making this game run from a virtual drive?
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote