Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2001, 11:20 PM   #1
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Hi there !

Yes I know: this question might be better suited for the BGI-Forum, but anyway:

After learning of its existence here, I checked out Dark Side of the Sword Coast, the unofficial expansion, and thought it looked interesting enough to give it a try. After reinstalling the game (including the latest patch 5512) and installing DSotSC itself, I started a new game, but now I cannot leave the first area after leaving Candlekeep: the game crashes every time and I get an error message about an "assertion error". Has anyone run into the same problem or/and does know a solution ?

Thanks in adcance for your effort !

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-26-2001, 11:34 PM   #2
Charlie
Lord Ao

Do you also have TOTSC installed? If not that's possibly where your problem lies as its installation is also a requirement. I've got it (DSOTSC) going ok, so come back to me on this.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 03-26-2001, 11:48 PM   #3
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Where did you get that Ramon? First I heard about it! Who made it? Is it any good?

------------------
"Check the sustain on this one ... aaaaaaaa, I mean you could go out for a bite and there'd still be aaaaaaaaa"

"Can I touch it?"
"No. It can't be played"
"Can I look at it?
"No we've seen enough of that one....."

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 03-27-2001, 12:41 AM   #4
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Hi Charlie,

do you remember when you once called me a "clued up guy" ?
As I am as vain as the next guy, I certainly do.

Well, this "clued up guy" forgot to reinstall TotSC with the main game ! I will correct that now and come back to report, if that solved the problem. Technical stuff aside, how is your gaming experience with DSotSC (also as info for Yorick) ?

Btw, thanks !

Yorick, it is downloadable from a private site dedicated exclusively to it.
I think I found the link on one of the gaming sites like Desslock or teambg, possibly the latter, as the developers cooperate with teambg, if my memory serves me correctly. For obvious reasons, see above, I am yet unable to comment on its gaming value.

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-27-2001, 12:56 AM   #5
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hi Ramon, Yorick.

I got the game running ok but didn't want to do the whole of BG1 again and decided to use the "in game" save and then load my character into the game. Unfortunately my CD ROM thing is playing up big time and is selective as to which CD's it will play. TOTSC is unfortunately one of those that it has now decided that it's not gonna read regardless of my efforts. I was a bit gutted because I took my guy all the way through BG1 and TOTSC in order to boost his stat's and use him in BG2. I then thought I'll do DSOTSC too as there are one or two stat' tomes in the game. I've only done a brief runaround in the game Ramon, with the pre-delivered party. All seemed ok and from what I could tell it is indiscernible from the original, meaning it all fits together nicely. When I get a new drive thing I'll give it a crack at full tilt. Sorry guys but that's as much as I can tell you. I have read some very good comments elsewhere btw.

Yorick,

your link - http://www.dsotsc.com/

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 03-27-2001, 01:01 AM   #6
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Wow. I take it you need BG to play (I left mine in Sydney ) I've hit the link, waiting for it to load. Thanks Charlie, Ramon.

Ahh here we are....

------------------
"Check the sustain on this one ... aaaaaaaa, I mean you could go out for a bite and there'd still be aaaaaaaaa"

"Can I touch it?"
"No. It can't be played"
"Can I look at it?

Old 03-27-2001, 01:08 AM   #7
Charlie
Lord Ao

Yorick,

the add-on requires you to start a new game of BG1, but if you don't want to do this you can import your guys into a saved game that the developers have installed. The saved game is effectively the start of the expansion.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 03-27-2001, 01:53 AM   #8
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Thanks again Charlie. I'm downloading as I type. It'll take a while I guess.

------------------

"Can I touch it?"
"No. It can't be played"
"Can I look at it?

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 03-27-2001).]
Old 03-27-2001, 02:07 AM   #9
white heron
Manshoon

Yorick, Dark side of the sword coast is a wonderful and very worthy addon indeed, it kicks in when you exit the cloakwood mines.
There's some great NPCs (inc' a really funny Paladin and a cool bard),5 major quests,lots of undead and a dragon to fight...i really enjoyed it.

------------------
"I can carry no more! ,I must drop what you gave me upon the ground."
Old 03-27-2001, 02:10 AM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by white heron:
Yorick, Dark side of the sword coast is a wonderful and very worthy addon indeed, it kicks in when you exit the cloakwood mines.
There's some great NPCs (inc' a really funny Paladin and a cool bard),5 major quests,lots of undead and a dragon to fight...i really enjoyed it.

ok.. ok... ok... hmm, new npcs, ok... undead.. and dra.. stuns and turns into stone ...

DRAGONS?????