Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2003, 04:47 AM   #51
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Beautiful Stormy! Very powerful. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 03:21 PM   #52
Lioness
Jack Burton

Bugger for bumping my own thread. But I have to finalize the vinette in my first post, and any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as methinks my teacher is not too fond of it. I'll post an edited version in a bit.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:59 PM   #53
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Dark swirling clouds overhead called from the skies unto the men on the ground. They'd braved many obstacles, fought many battles, and had arrived to eachother's presence found. Nothing stirring, nothing breaking, no wind blowing, no sound...

...And so the two steppd around.

One raised a hammer the other a balde, their elders' teachings should have been obeyed, though on this single battle ground the two now layed...

... the two then leapt into the frey

Swinging, blowing, breaking, clashing, grunting, shouting, threatening, blasting, mashing, hoping, preying, bowing, blasting, conflict making, tearing, burning, cutting, stabbing, worshoping the gods of war...

...and so from mortal flesh they tore

The souls are now freed... They can no longer bleed... The two fought a need...

...For this is what they lived to be... no longer with their eyes could see...

HOLD ME NOW!
We've broken so far away
PIN ME DOWN!
Don't you dare let me get away
BREAK ME NOW!
The twisted games you play
TO THE GROUND!
Where our bodies shall forever

forever

forever

forever

forever lay...

Bones touching the soil, the burning now to a boil, our souls caught in a toil...

...living the dreams of our mortal coils...

Even in Death I'll fight you! Nothing can't be broken through! No barrier, no plane,no rule...

... and I'll be real close soon. too!

No Denying, No Faking, no decieving, only breaking, no limits, no decisions, no distractions, no protections, no denials, just admittance, no remourse, or self indulgence, only me, and only you...

... Fighting 'till eternity's through...

Nothing can stop me, no mortal end, I dare not to call you freind, I will break you after you bend...

...No stop till eternity's end...

HOLD ME NOW!
Don't you ever follow through?
TO THE GROUND!
Does it seem closer, that's new
LEAVE THEM OUT!
Just between me and you!
END ME NOW!
We've let this conflict be abused...

abused

abused

abused

abused

ABUSED FOREVER NOW I SEE

TELL YOU WHAT IT MEANS TO ME

NOTHING'S HERE

NOTHINGS THERE

IT'S ALL WANTING

QUESTIONING "WHERE?"

LIFE MAKES YOU PULL OUT YOUR HAIR

OR PULL OUT YOUR ENEMIES

CAN'T YOU TASTE BLOOD IN THE AIR

IT'S SPREADING LIKE A DISEASE!

HOLD ME NOW!
We've broken so far away
PIN ME DOWN!
Don't you dare let me get away
BREAK ME NOW!
The twisted games you play
TO THE SKY!
Where We Shall Forever

forever

forever

forever

forever

Forever since we no longer can DIE!

- *silence*

SCOLD ME NOW!
Forgive me for I have sinned
FORGIVE ME NOW!
I am not the kind who is to forgive
BREAK ME NOW!
I'd Rather your punnishment through live
HELP ME OUT!
I cannot do that

do that

do that

do that

do that

do that unless you've got a life to give!

-end-
Old 05-08-2003, 09:06 PM   #54
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Bahumet and DK, I liked them very much.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 05-08-2003, 11:29 PM   #55
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

The following is the begining to a story I will be writing over the summer for Halcyon Otaku 4:

"I wonder sometimes why the sky was blue in the old world. It was so dull and lifeless, occasionally it had white fluffy clouds pass through it, making it look like someone had spilled milk into the air. Those days were ancient and long forgotten, but I remember, I have to remember them. Let me not hinder you with information about myself, after all, my own story is irrelivent to the great things that happen in this universe. What's that? You say you want to hear the story of mine? Do you want to listen to this old man clambor on about his glory days? Well alright... If you really want to know.

It began in the ancient days which people called the 'End times'. They were actually the begining of something far greater than anyone could comprehend, even the creator of the known universe. The creator was one who was worthy of being looked up to, fortunetly he was so loving of his creations that he was willing to protect them no matter what cost. Unfortunetly this lead to him not only giving himself, but his son in the process of protecting these fledgelings, leaving them in a world of a blank slate. Why don't I try to explain it from the begining of the end of the mere prologue to existance as it is now known...

The year doesn't actually matter, the Earth has had its faire share of close calls, it has been safe for many millenia, it is one of the smallest and yet densly populated spheres in the universe. Unfortunetly it and all other heavently bodies have been on a collision course with eachother ever since their creation. Life was designed to be short on a cosmic scale, but existance itself, even of lives, outside of known time, was meant to range for eternity. Unfortunetly, the universe, with its chaotic beginings, was doomed to experience a chaotic end. There were oposers of chaos, some who beleived in only perfetion and order. They went so far as to call themselves better than the creator and they were bannished unto reaches of the universe which we dare to mention and do not fear. We were a fearless people, we had the guiding power of God. He showed us many pathways, many mountains, goals, victories and losses, whether he created us or we created him with our own minds was irrelavent, all that mattered was that he was existant just as we all were after death. There were some things which our comprehensions in life couldn't possibly touch, but once on the other side we could feel the absolute truth and the long-since unanswerable eteriological questions were clear to us. The answers are not explainable, but know that they are comprehendable, and this mutual comprehension was enought to guide us to order, and with it an oposite reaction.

I belive it was 30 comprehendable years after the great feast, the battle, the horns blowing, the departing of life from the created universe and into the already existant one. It was very dark and very bright at the same time. Everyone was confused and distraught, our leader was gone, but so was the evil perfection. Everyone was there though, sinner and saint, but we all seemed mutual. We'd left our pasts as mortals as something of a mere memory, and who we were didn't seem to matter any more. Those who once were considered heroes tried to rise to power with little sucess, after all, in the new world there seemed little point to being...

Oh but how rude of me to place all of this out of a material sense for incomprehendable ones such as you..."

"Wake up Scicifuss," Genrog said unto the slumbering entity placed horizontal across the ground in a fetal position. The ground was hard, made of an eld stone, and the walls full of cracks and scrape marks placed during the great conflict until all the weapons had been taken away. The great towering gothic pillars stretched toward a ceiling which had no end to it, the exact level of the floor was unkown, but there was little sound outside of the cool breezey air passing through the vast dark chamber, little light was peircing the cracked stain glass windows. Scicifuss remained in a scenario of slumber, working out things in his subconceouse mind. Problems and solutions with little relavance. He awoke with a sudden jolt and screamed "ALRIGHT I'LL GIVE THE BOULDER ANOTHER PUSH!" He began to pant wildly, alarmed at his situation, sweat trickled down his pale skin, what little light was in the chamber reflected brightly off the tiny dropulets caressing his smooth flesh. He had dark brown eyes like globes which rose from bony cheeks, sagging skin all over his frail-looking body and bright orange hair. He stood up and brushed off the cloth which he had used to cover his body, it was bound around the waiste by a black belt with a golden belt buckle that seemed to match his hair color. He then coughed into his hand and turned to the other figure in the room. A dark haired woman with green eyes. She wore what looked like a thin and tight body suit, grey in color, with asorted complecated green and black areas which were obviously used as some sort of padding or body armor. She stared at Scicifuss coldly. She spoke with a feirce tone,"You know better than to dream here, you could wake up and end up anywhere! Then I'd have to go looking for you again!" "I'm sorry ma'am," the Scrawny half-dressed man responded. He rubbed his fingers across his pointy chin and snapped them together after bringing them away from his face. "Maybe we could set up some kind of wall system for protection and use this temple as shelter," he said plotting and looking around the room. "Are you instaine," the woman responded harshly,"Why would anyone want to stay in some run-down neoclassical dump like this?" The man looked at his feet and shuffled his sandals about on the stone. He sheepishly spoke,"Well it sort of reminds me of home... Only without sky or plants or running water or animals, but hey nothing's perfect any more..." "Bah! You're impossible, Scicifuss," She hissed back. She then picked up a stick which was laying on the ground and tapped the ground with it. "We move! We're going scouting to the North East until it becomes dark outside again, if we can't find and recruit anyone by then you can pick me up and throw me as far as you like then come back here and live out the rest of eternity with just yourself and this bloody kingdom..." "Yes Ma'am!" The scrawny entity then bent down and placed his palms across a large boulder which must have been 20 times his height and much more his width. He then motioned in such a way that appeared a feeble attempt at moving the boulder, but it then began to rise from the stone ground as it being lifted by a mechanical crane. Scicifuss then placed it on his shoulders and proceeded for the large door, walking as if he was completley unburdened. "I don't see how you can walk around carrying that thing," the female pronounced. "Ey! Ever since all of our Earthly possesions were lost, this is my only etherial possession, save for the clothes on my back, so I'm going to haul this baby with me everywhere I go! Now come on miss... How do you say your name again?" "You shall refer to me as Enseign Nakahara, 3rd galactic bregade of inter-stellar peace authorities for the unification of the Terra-Siphera alliance guild," she announced with pride. Her voice echoed off of the chasm walls. "Ok miss long-name, I'll be sure not to forget that,"Scicifuss spoke sarchastically. "Just call me Nakahara," she bit back. "Whatever," He scaufed while easily carying the boulder through the large portal of a door for the structure they were in.

- Ian Boswell Copyright 2003 - Halcyon Otaku 4 -