Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-04-2001, 04:55 PM   #1
Phaze the Paladin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

oh my god this sux...im in the illithid city and i forgot to close the cave when i killed balor!!!!! and also i cant get out of the damn cuty cause all the flayers but one are dead and i cant get the door open! i dont wanna start over please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
Old 11-04-2001, 05:24 PM   #2
Sir Jorlon
The Magister

Calm down. and welcome. Now, to open that door, you must charm a mindflayer, from a weird room that gives you charming thralls to charm the mindflayer. DO that, and then you open the door with the mindflayer.
Old 11-04-2001, 05:26 PM   #3
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Or change to the slayer.
Old 11-04-2001, 05:26 PM   #4
Nith
Dungeon Master

Man, that does suck and I'm sure everyone knows how you feel. But, you don't have to be stuck with the slimy illithids. SPOILER
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
Ok, to get out of the illithid cave just go to the room with the slaves and pour the serum into one of those things on the wall. Talk to the freed slave and get the collars. Now snag an illithid with one of the collars and head east. Every time you come to a "door that requires a strong mind" bring a charmed illithid to it if you run out of collars just turn into the slayer. Going east make your way to the Elder Brain and kill it. All the doors will be open now and your home free. By the way you can just load your auto-save.
Old 11-06-2001, 03:48 PM   #5
Phaze the Paladin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok i dont wanna change to the slayer cause when u turn back you die! and i capture an illithid and charm it and all but i cant make it open the door! and i also want to close the cave where i killed balor how can i do that??

and also i erase all but three up to date save games so i cant load a game where im not in the city
Old 11-06-2001, 03:56 PM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

No, you dont die, you just looses alot of life.

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]

Old 11-06-2001, 05:56 PM   #7
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

collor = mind flayer only
itthilid = no
Old 11-06-2001, 06:25 PM   #8
The_ Fur_Cough
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The door to the master brain bit I could never get open by charming an Ilithid/Mind Flayer. Of the 3 times I played I only ever got the door open by becoming the Slayer.

Phaze the Paladin

You can open the door by using the Slayer, once the door is open then turn back to human form. The icon for the Slayer becomes the icon for human form if you "are" the Slayer. You don't need to wait for your guy/gal to turn back to human form naturally.
Old 11-07-2001, 02:40 AM   #9
Jan

Spoiler!!

If you turn into the slayer then you have to turn back into yourself before you kill the last monster = you don't die.

Old 11-07-2001, 02:59 AM   #10
Retribution
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Phaze the Paladin:
oh my god this sux...im in the illithid city and i forgot to close the cave when i killed balor!!!!! and also i cant get out of the damn cuty cause all the flayers but one are dead and i cant get the door open! i dont wanna start over please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Look for the collar make any party member put it on the illithid mind control