Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-24-2001, 06:31 AM   #1
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

I'm going to start again. I've nearly competed SOA but i'm not happy with the items Ive got. I might solo the game.

How hard is it.

Is it cheating to get certain people for certain quests? ie. Korgan for the book of Kaza. or cernd for druid grove?

Is a theif/fighter multiclass good?
Old 11-24-2001, 06:42 AM   #2
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

The difficulty when soloing depends on the class you're playing..
Though it is always hard in the beginning..
I'm soloing as a cavalier for the moment, and after level 18, he is unstoppable!

As for other NPC's, it depends on if you're playing for the experience or role-playing, because a character thet decides he want to solo the game, probarbly doesn't want other people in the party, even for a short while

A thief/fighter rocks in my opinion
Old 11-24-2001, 06:49 AM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

I always wonder about these questions "is it cheating if I..."
What does it matter?? If you can't even tell whether it's cheating beforehand, then what does it matter if it is? Hey, for some people, even SAVING the game is cheating, because you can't do that in pen and paper AD&D either. Just do whatever YOU consider to be a fun way of playing!

As for soloing, are you sure? You'll miss out on a lot of romancing and fun little quests and conversations. Most people that solo the game only do so after they get bored with playing the game with NPCs. Still, it's up to you, I suppose.
Like Regin said, the difficulty depends on what kind of class you play. A jester would be...daring Remember that you need someone who can cater for all your needs in the game, so if you aren't a thief and cannot disarm traps, you either need a fighter who's so tough that he can just walk through them, or a mage who can send summoned critters to set off the traps, etc.
You can also start a multiplayer game without connecting to the internet. Then, you can create two of your own characters (to make the 'solo'ing slightly easier) and play with them.
Old 11-24-2001, 07:12 AM   #4
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

I want to solo because It's a challenge. I've had romances and stuff already. Thanks for your help guys.
Old 11-24-2001, 07:12 AM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:
The difficulty when soloing depends on the class you're playing..
Though it is always hard in the beginning..
I'm soloing as a cavalier for the moment, and after level 18, he is unstoppable!

As for other NPC's, it depends on if you're playing for the experience or role-playing, because a character thet decides he want to solo the game, probarbly doesn't want other people in the party, even for a short while

A thief/fighter rocks in my opinion

Hey!
I am also soloing as a cavalier at the moment! I have just started though, and is only in lvl. 10, doing the Firkragg thing.

see ya!
Old 11-24-2001, 07:29 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Why am I not surprised that the members of Keldorn's Order are all starting to solo with a Paladin?
Old 11-24-2001, 07:33 AM   #7
Sir Exxon
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Why am I not surprised that the members of Keldorn's Order are all starting to solo with a Paladin?

Hard to tell, Dundee Slaytern!

see ya!
Old 11-24-2001, 07:37 AM   #8
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

It's strange. I dont know why either! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2001, 07:37 AM   #9
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

If you solo, do you start at Level 7, like when you do the game w/o importing your character from BGI? Or do you reimport your character from the Saved Game file?
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-24-2001, 08:20 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well, in my case, I made a new character when I soloed my Cavalier, starting from level 7.