Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Sunglass Man

Now that the new year is upon us, I want to know how your 2005 stacked up! What were the highlights? What were the crap bits? What happened that you will never forget? What changed? What did you learn?

And what do you think the new year will bring for you?
Old 12-31-2005, 08:48 PM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

Well, I moved out of my parents house again, (2 weeks before I got 30... phew [img]smile.gif[/img] ) after 3 years I'm again on my own and enjoying it a lot. other than that the year was pretty usual.
Probably the highlight would be discovering the TV show Scrubs... which gives you an idea on how exciting my life is in general... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:35 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

2005 was good for me re only one cold and no flus, I made it the entire year without those types of sicknesses mostly, which is always a good thing! My obsessive hand washing paid off I reckon LOL.

Not a good year for gardening for me. Spring was mostly cold and damp, took probably until middle of June before it warmed up. Lots of mosquitoes about then, and it was aphid heaven too, eating up everything. I did a lot of spraying and killing aphids in 2005 LOL.

Then it turned summer and got sickenly hot and humid, and you had to completely douse yourself in Deet to even visit my garden, else you'd be eaten alive by mosquitos (sweating really brings em on). Then out of nowhere my electric windows in my car went out, so all I had all summer is the one window next to me on my front driver's side that would go down, and the window directly behind me on the right back seat, which only goes down half way (child proof - and I have no child LOL). And my AC works lamely and makes my car heat up too much when I use it, so I just don't, and so I sweated it out massively summer of 2005 on my way home from work every day. Finally I brought in shorts and a very light top with me into work so I could change before I left off for home, and I said to myself "to hell with the creepies across the street from my work at the Kebab Palace!," LOL, I'm running out to my car in shorts, barefoot, and in a skimpy top. It's kinda humiliating in a way LOL, but it really helped keep me from just melting away in standstill, sun beaming directly in, traffic. I go directly home too LOL.

Planted a tree in Autumn. My Dad dug a baby one up in his yard and gave it to me in September. It's a "silk" tree, sometimes also known as a Mimosa I think. Very soft palmy tree with furry looking pink blossoms in the summer. I hope it does OK in 2006. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Felt more festive re the Christmas holidays this year than I did last year. Really took time out for everyone, and decorating, even bought a new CD of Christmas Music, all electric guitar, but it really was fun to listen to. [img]smile.gif[/img]

So all in all, I end 2005 pretty much OK. It wasn't a terrible year for me, wasn't a great year for me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-31-2005, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:46 PM   #4
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Highlights: Star Wars opening night, Gym, Working (first job!), first girflriend
Crap: Stealing calculator before math exam. New Year's Eve.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:59 PM   #5
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Man, possibly worst year of my life - Massive work load at Uni, severe liver infection (as a result of too much alcohol an being a total idiot) My dad treating my mum like dirt and wrecking everything coupled with multiple breakups with the g/f, all in all a real bad year, however my mums doin a lot better and me an the g/f are now happier than ever so heres to a brighter year for me and hopefully all of you [img]smile.gif[/img] ... i know i'm cheesin it up but its new year and im well cut
Old 12-31-2005, 11:22 PM   #6
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

Perks- first girlfriend, first job, first love, first kiss. became more independent. learned not to trust teenage girls (from my school anyways).

Sucky moments- First breaking, first time dumping someone, first time quitting a job, too many standerdized tests. college applications.

It was a meh.. year. Looking forward to 06!! !I graduate this year!! whooo..
Spirits Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:39 AM   #7
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Meh... alright. I got my first *real* job, lived in a crummy little hell-hole for 5 months, am now a slave at my job, bought my first tv, got a new house... lots of ups and downs.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 04:23 AM   #8
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Year highlights :

4th hole in one
Smashing a great drive across the old course hotel on the Road Hole at St Andrews (OK - it was a provisional ball, but so what)
Buying a new house that is almost twice as large as the old one.
Flyng 1st class for the first (and probably only) time ever.
Catching up with Wolfie and Mouse and Melusine and Moiraine and Donut and Lanesra and Sir Tainly again when on my Euro golfing jaunt.
The Goats and the Cars.
Discovering a new great computer game called Guild Wars
Great BBQ to finish off the year - succulent prawns and huge juicy steaks while sipping on a Bundy and watching the sun go down over the water.
An Aussie winning the World Series of Poker [img]smile.gif[/img]
Great weather in general and for holiday and no sickness / illness.
Great night at the Walthamstowe dogs courtesy of Lanesra's recommendation of 1 and 4 reverse both ways [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Australia qualifying for the World Cup and Sven saying how he was worried he was that they might draw the same group as us
Watching Donut trying to moonwalk in front of me everytime Harmison or Flitoff took a wicket.

The crap bits

Hitting a rather rank scrubbing duff off the 1st tee at St Andrews in front of all those poeple.
The collapse of the Brisbane Lions after 15 weeks of the regular season
West Coast Eagles making the grand final and almost winning it - they had me worried there for a minute but thank goodness the Swannies came through.
Losing the Ashes to the bloody Poms whilst staying at Donuts place.

What I learnt :

The Brits watch an average of 14 hours of TV per week. OK - this is one of those things that will alwys stay with me because I did a pub quiz with Donut and it was the tie-breaker question. We guessed 32 hours and won the 3 way play off because the other 2 teams guessed higher [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Never bet against me at golf if the bet is for pudding - I was undefeated in 2005 in pudding match play and I can still reacll the sweet wonderful taste of sticky toffee / sticky date puddings of victory.
Always swap [img]smile.gif[/img]
Never leave Donut's place and leave yourself logged into Ironworks as Davros - the man has an much self restraint as a poodle in a butcher shop [img]smile.gif[/img]
If someone tells you will get all the hot water in the world - start shopping for heating elements for their hot water system.
If you are in a Sturbucks and someone offers top buy you a caramel hazelnut maxi venti something-chino - RUN AWAY [img]smile.gif[/img] .
And one last thing that I definitely learnt - DONUT CANNOT MOONWALK TO SAVE HIMSELF

All in all - not a bad year.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:38 AM   #9
Sigmar
Unicorn

Highlights:

-Summer.
-Being alive I guess, that's always an upside.
-Friends and family.

Crap:

-Began to suffer from a slipped disc.
-Didn't achieve the grades at A-level I needed in order to go to University to study medicine.
-Repeating A-levels in one year in a college abroad, away from my friends and family.

Crappy year all in all.

Hopefully next year'll turn out a lot better.

[ 01-01-2006, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 06:18 AM   #10
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Good points - Got to know more people and am now in a relationship
Crap points - the constant moaning of relatives and my gran getting ill and going into hospital new years eve.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote