Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-03-2001, 07:15 AM   #1
RedArrow

Well there are a few problems, some of them are I think past the point of return and some may be I can fix with your help.

Firstly about romance. I was romancing with Aerie and long ago she told me something along the lines of "thank you for not sleeping with me last night blah, blah" Well the problem is I never had a dialogue with her that last night! Plus after this there was no more romance. I don't care much but still I was a bit frustrated.

Anomen is wearing a regen ring. He used to regen normally until middle of my playing session last night at which point he stopped regen. I gave the regen ring to another and the ring was working. I gave a head item that has regen to him and it didn't work as well. I made him drink a regen potion and that didn't work either. What's wrong with him?

I kept Yoshimo in my party knowing that he would betray me. He was a fantastic thief and I didn't want to face decisions when I rescued Imoen about who to drop. So I finally meet with Irenicus and he says he can not see his spy among my party. He is right infront of you, you blind bastard! Hmm may be he is a bit inside that door step? OK I will reload. This time I make sure they are face to face. Same result. While biting my lips I reload again and same result. Sigh..

Am I to receive any exp or items for releasing Knights of Solamnia? I got nothing.

Even after Anomen turns to Lawful Good he still bitches about the 20 rep, thank god I can turn to slayer now.

After I accept the Prince's offer in Sahuagin city(and knowing I will not be able to get glows of crushing for my monk) it ticks me of not to be able to receive the blade of wave. Why the hell would they put such an item on him? Do they want me to play like a real powergamer and after killing the king kill the prince too?

Last night after battling some undead my monk got diseased. Huh? He is immune to all types of disease since level 5. Plus he was wearing Ring of Gaxx which grants immunity vs all types of disease. Than I used an item I have(gloves of healing I guess, not sure) which is supposed to cure all disease and that didn't work either!

Despite everything I said above BGII is a great game and I'm having a blast!

P.S. About the Yoshimo thing above, while writing this I think I found out what happened. A few days ago I asked a question about releasing a imprisoned Yoshi after a battle with Kangaxx. I learned the only thing I could do was to reload and play again. Having defeated Kangaxx at the second try and not wanting to lose more time on him(oh btw when you try to use protection from undead scroll on a monk and he resits it, it ticks you off ) I gave myself a freedom scroll with Shadowkeeper and released him. So I'm guessing although he was with me because I used something that I didn't have access to Irenicus doesn't recognize his presence.

P.P.S The Spectator beholder at Sahuagin city was a blast. I laughed really hard at his every line

Old 01-03-2001, 07:50 AM   #2
Armisael

Let's see.

First, that was the end of Aerie's romance dialogue. That's it. She'll remain forever silent. Aerie's romance script lasts about a third of the time the other two do. Perhaps you can hit it off with Viconia or somesuch.

Second problem's quite easy: Anomen is an idiot. In actual fact, that's probably a bug, and I've never heard of it happening. Try dropping him from the party and taking him back, or killing (heh heh heh) and resurrecting him. Someone else might be able to help you more.

Maybe the third one is a blessing. Drop him from your party. With any luck he'll go back to the Coronet. Once you're done with chapters four and five you can go back there and get him again. Just pause as soon as you enter and talk to him. Let him back in your party. He'll drop dead, but you can resurrect him immediately.

Releasing the knights of Solamnia is a stepping stone to get the mage stronghold, if you're a mage. Otherwise I don't think you get squat.

Like I said, Anomen is an idiot.

If I were you I would have sided with the king. Sahauguin are very weak and quite stupid, so you might as well do whatever you can at their expense. Killing the prince doesn't make you a powergamer, it makes you crafty. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

No idea about your monk getting diseased. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever been diseased. Well, it doesn't do a terrible lot, anyway.

Yes, I've said it before, Imprisonment buggers the game flags around something terrible.

And the spectator beholder is the funniest non-party member in the game, in my opinion.

Old 01-03-2001, 10:14 AM   #3
RedArrow

Hey Anomen is not that bad. He is too young tho. When he passes his test, with gauntlets of dexterity, girdle of hillgiant strentgh and flail of ages he really has potential.

From your other posts tho I think you would puke at the composition of my party Me(monk), Minsc, Jaheira, Anomen, Aerie and Imoen(finally!). Btw I love the damage my monk does at this level. He has 4 attacks per round and has a THAC0 of -4. He simply rocks!

Old 01-03-2001, 10:21 AM   #4
One ANGRY lil' man

You only get the EXP once the lady you hired comes by and teleports them off your marble.

Old 01-03-2001, 10:27 AM   #5
Armisael

No amount of equipment will improve Anomen's personality, except maybe a knife in the back.
Nothing wrong with that party. Monks are great. Minsc, fine, Jaheira, good. Anomen, bleargh, but speaking in terms of usefulness, whatever takes your fancy. With Anomen in the party I would have taken Edwin (or if you've got a strong stomach and a grudge against evil NPCs, Nalia) instead of Aerie, but I suppose you had her along for sentimentality. And if you're not attached to Imoen, I'd drop her for Jan. Funniest character in the game hands down, and he's a gnome thief/illusionist, much more skilled than Imoen at thieving. Then again, you're in the middle of spellhold, so that'll have to wait.
Littleman, you can only send the knights back to their own plane if your protagonist is a mage.

Old 01-03-2001, 02:29 PM   #6
Fox!

No need to kill the Prince, PICKPOKET HeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHe