Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-07-2004, 11:32 PM   #31
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Ha! As a completely fictitious story, I think it's rather good. I don't know the definition we all go by for funny, but I certainly chuckled when I read the "doctor's description" of the damage done.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:55 AM   #32
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

havent you ever heard of a dark sense of humor? I find films like this to be hillarious! (I made that by the way)

and the fact that this came from an e-mail clearly shows that its an urban legend. Thousands of these get sent around in e-mails every day and some times they're even believed by people as being fact! That's what ledgends do, after all, they tell a story which could be true that instills an insperation to look at the world from a differint perspective and think outside the box. It's that sort of injenuity that inspires people to take a closer look when examining their own world and instills a number of things ranging from confidence to conspiracy theories, the way it is managed is up to the viewer, and if the viewer doesn't like it, then what gives that viewer the authority to enforce their thoughts on others and cause them to hate what has otherwise been considered something done for fun? Is it hurting you directly? is it hurting anybody? It is harmful at all? No! It's a legend! That's all I have to say in this matter and contesting my word only further proves my point that some people just don't like others to feel good about their actions because they disagree with being told a legend is true or false when it could, in theory, be either. Last time I checked there was a thing called freedom of speech and if it allowed someone to write a story then it sure as hell also mandated that that story could be otherwise re-posted and distributed to be told, like many legends are, so that the spirit of the message carries on.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:57 AM   #33
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

rape - not funny
vigilante justice - not funny
guns - not funny
shot to the crotch - definately NOT funny
81 year old 'terminator' - funny

[ 09-08-2004, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: SpongeBobTheDestoyer ]
Old 09-08-2004, 05:42 AM   #34
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Yeah, thats what I meant, the words like "Rambo Granny", "wrinkeled avenger" and "Vigelante granny" were the things to make me Laugh. I do not find rape funny, if thats what some people were thinking.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:56 AM   #35
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by aleph_null1:
... I can only hope that all the stories we hear about Australia being the last home of cowboy judges and old-fashioned 'hang 'em all' juries aren't overly exaggerated
GOOD GOD NO! LoL I suppose you also think that we all have kangaroo's and Koala's as pets roaming in our backyards? Eh? LoL personally I want a Platypus, because it has to be one of the most outrageous animals around...

Anyways, lets get back to a point of some sort. Australia is not some backwater country without laws and regulations ya doof. Although, I know your joking... ARENT YOU [img]tongue.gif[/img]

To everyone else, it IS a joke, do not get offended, the rape part of the whole story was just the lead in, and I myself found the story of the Gun-toting Gran to be quite amusing, even though it shows the poor image we Australians have over in the US. Wow, that was a long sentence.

Even if Story DID know it was a hoax, who cares? Stormy, I for one appreciate light attempts at humour on this forum... Keep up the good work darl [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2004, 11:06 AM   #36
Grojlach
Zartan

This thread is a good example of why I usually avoid General Conversation nowadays.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:27 PM   #37
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Deathkiller... I watched your movie, and all I can say is.. HUH?

LoL I laughed at the big speech bubble attacking the kitty... but apart from that I was just lost. Its no detriment to your talent whatsoever, I think your brilliant to be able to create something like that, when I had to ask how to quote someone on here.

End of meaningless rambling.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:15 PM   #38
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

any chance this thread can just go away? it was a mistake to put it up in the first place, and I have appoligised to many times, and really wish that everyone would just let it go!
Old 09-08-2004, 03:50 PM   #39
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
This thread is a good example of why I usually avoid General Conversation nowadays.
Aren't we just a little ray of sunshine? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Stormy, if you're tired of looking at it, you could lock it.