Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2002, 07:57 AM   #1
skywalker
Banned User

I had a nasty dream last night about terrorism, though I think it had way to much science fiction in it.

I dreamt I was near a big city and I started to hear a very loud humming sound, like a giant dynamo. The sound seemed to be getting closer and closer. I could almost feel the electricity in the air, the hair on the back of my neck was standing on end. And then I could hear explosions and sounds of destruction, screams and people were running toward me. It had the feel of a 1950's science fiction movie.

And then the all the buidings that I could see started to fall straight down (like the Towers did on 9/11). This power was cutting down the buildings through the city, about the width of a city block.

I dove into a nearby river, for some stupid reason, it was safe in the river (makes no sense, I know). Somehow we knew it was terrorists and not aliens and that this "power" was circling the Earth and continuing around and around, destroying all in its path.

And before I woke I got this feeling that all the nations, one by one were bowing down and giving in to the terrorist group responsible. I awoke before I found out if the USA was giving up too. I have this feeling we would soon give up too, because we had no real way to stop it. And I was sure the terrorists would not stop...they cared not if the world ended, they had a place with their God, reserved.

I've not had a more horrifying nightmare such as this since I was a child. I don't remember it as well as I could, but I do know that as farfetched as it was, it seemed all to real.

Brrrr.

Mark
Old 05-27-2002, 08:08 AM   #2
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Well its just that man...a dream. In order for that satelite weapon to work they would have to think of something better then strapping it to a camel So far the chinese and the russians dont seem to want to burn the earth down so no worrys man [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2002, 08:17 AM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

Well, since I'm a big fan of Science Fiction and Horror, I was a little entertained by the dream. It is surprising how such a ludicrous scenario could be so plausible during "dreamtime".

Like you say caleb, it is very unlikely that a terrorist group could acquire this technology. But, I never thought about it being satelite driven. I was thinking it was running on land or just above the ground, anyway.

Mark
Old 05-27-2002, 08:33 AM   #4
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Wanna know whats really weird???? I had that same dream about 2 weeks after 9/11. CREEPY. Maybe you caught some of my psycic eminations.
Old 05-27-2002, 08:36 AM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
Wanna know whats really weird???? I had that same dream about 2 weeks after 9/11. CREEPY. Maybe you caught some of my psycic eminations.
Wow! I guess it takes a long time for psycic eminations to get to Vermont from Melbourne.

Mark
Old 05-27-2002, 09:53 AM   #6
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

well now doesn't that dream sound delightfull, lol, the weapon you speak of sounds like a NOD Tessle-tank [img]tongue.gif[/img]