Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 08-31-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Default Romance issue

Hey. Little late to the party; I've had DA:O since holiday '09 but after being disinterested after a brief stint I shelved it until recently. But now I'm having a blast!

Spoiler alert, though I doubt it'll be relevant for most at this point.

I'm frustrated with my romance options at the moment. I'm playing as a good-type mage, and figured that I'd pair up well with Leliana. But after a long time playing with her in my party (recently secured the elves and Circle allegiances, and also having saved the arl), I'm still totally platonic with her. I've done her quest, given her her mom's flowers, chosen flirty-type comments whenever possible, gotten her to sing, and raised her approval rating to the max, and yet in camp my only conversation option is to ask her to repeat tales that she had heard as a minstrel.

I'm confused. Did I mess up somewhere? Morrigan, who I haven't used in my party since getting Wrynne and who I have no interest in whatsoever, is so into me that walking up to her and dropping my pants would be a sufficient pick-up line. Am I so incredibly out of luck with Leliana that I should just hit up Morrigan for a rebound, or do I get another shot down the line?

Thanks!
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:24 AM   #2
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Default Re: Romance issue

Hmm. As far as I remember, there's a glitch with Lelliana. That if you max her disposition before doing the "Assassin" encounter, I believe, that the romance doesn't work out as planned.

I think there was a fix for it as well. I'll do some searching around in the morning (Very late now, and hopped on to see what was up here), unless somebody else has already answered.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Troubling. I'm playing on a 360 without being connected to the internet, so I doubt I could get any sort of outside fix. And I did wind up maxing her disposition quite fast...

Well, thanks anyway. Unless someone else has a solution, I guess Plan B will happen.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

By her "Quest" I take it you mean you've dealt with Marjolaine?

Alright. A slight apparent fix may have presented itself, assuming you haven't heard the Orlais spy discussion. You have to end the relationship, but choose the leas t offensive options- let her down gently. Hopefully, your approval should be high enough that the romance will continue after you ask about her feelings with marjolain after the quest.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

No, I had the Orlais spy talk. The dialog touched on her past experience seducing men, which I spun a positive light on, figuring that would be most appropriate given her "reformed bad girl" status. Maybe I missed a chance there?

This is starting to look like a lost cause.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

So you've had the Assassin encounter, then, and the followup with Marjolaine?

I know I may be asking questions you've already answered, but I need to be sure, since I'm trying to be helpful.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #7
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Yes, I have. Got attacked, tracked down Marj, let her live, talked about spies in Orlais, got Leliana to promise to continue traveling with me after this is all over, etc. But no secksi-tiems yet.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty4 View Post
Yes, I have. Got attacked, tracked down Marj, let her live, talked about spies in Orlais, got Leliana to promise to continue traveling with me after this is all over, etc. But no secksi-tiems yet.
And her disposition is at 100?

Then I have no idea what's going on. She should have sexed you up by now. hah.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #9
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

There is a point in the dialog where you can state that you're friends, yadda yadda, sorry for the vague, but I can't remember the option now, but it would seem intuitive to take it, but if you do, romance is out the window. I seem to recall that you can drop her approval rating, and start over, though. I'd suggest searching the official forums for tips on that. If you haven't given her the shoes yet, save them for after you drop her rating.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote