Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-24-2000, 12:12 AM   #1
Murray of Athol

Thanks for the quick reply but its still a no go. I get a locked message whenever I try to open the damn door. I've got the amulet of amanataur all in one nice big completed piece but the door won't open. Kinda sucks because I have no earlier save to go back to (in case something just went fruity). Thanks for trying!

Old 10-24-2000, 10:11 AM   #2
Murray of Athol

I've worked my way through the temple and now have the complete disk but I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I can't get past any of the shadow-doors (with the exception of the detour through the lava). I've wandered around and managed to rack up a pile of experience while trying to find what to do next but killing shadows is starting to get a bit old! IS there a switch or something I need to find to move on? Dispel magic etc.. don't seem to work on the shadow doors and I'm getting to the point where I'm going to abondon this quest and move on. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-24-2000, 11:21 AM   #3
Tipsy McSwagger

If you have the whole disk you should be able to open the door in the NE part of the map. If I remember correctly you head south from the lava room and you come to a hallway where you can head east. You go east and a hallway branches off to the north that leads to the letter tile puzzle room. If you ignore that branch (I'm assuming you've already done that) and continue East the hallway will turn north and you'll come to a door. Open the door and you'll be at a staircase to head down and tangle with the Shade Dragon.

Drink up.

-Tipsy

Old 10-24-2000, 11:23 AM   #4
traerthe

*spoilers*
Here's what you need to do. Read only as far as you wish to be spoiled

-from lava room there is doorway south; you should have found bones in the first room
off the hall upon entering the level in this room you are approached by ghosts.
If you have the bones they will give you items you need.
-from that room proceed south to a hallway that curves around the bottom of the
map. There is a room to the north of that hallway with a floor of letters.
Walk on the letters in the order of Amunator. Above that room are two other
rooms. Both have items in them you will need. The room on the right has a easy-to-miss
spot in the corner you need to get items from.
-you should be able to proceed back to the hallway; at the end of the hallway is the
exit to the next level.
Good luck

Old 10-24-2000, 02:01 PM   #5
Dreamtaker

This is kinda a side question, was wondering which area the temple is? I didn't fight the shadow dragon the first time through and now I wish to. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-24-2000, 07:13 PM   #6
Murray of Athol

The temple is located North-west of the hills.... uhhh can't remember the name of the hills. Basically north-east of D'arnise keep. As for my problems I re-started about a 10 days (game time) further back on an old save and worked my way through the temple again. This time it worked perfectly. Weird. Didn't do anything differently but the shadow door openned up fine on the first try. Course my but got kicked the first couple tries against the Dragon but that's why Black Isle included a save feature!
Thanks toall who tried to help!
cheers