Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-11-2002, 10:52 AM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

Did you feel it? It was on Saturday night and coincided with Lanesra and his surrogate brother Keith falling down the up escalator at King's Cross station. I have to tell you that neither of them would be classified as 'small'.

There is some dispute about who caused the fall. Both were drunk after watching the Arsenal v Newcastle match in the pub. They had consumed about 10 pints each.

In Lanesra's defence he has drunk more before and it is unlike him to take a tumble. Also Keith is known to be unexperienced when it come to travelling on the London Underground. Lanesra claims that Keith went first, he grabbed him saying 'it's okay mate I've got you' only to fall over him, pulled down by the sheer weight.

Keith claims that Lanesra went first and grabbed hold of him.

Lanesra and Keith tumbled to the bottom of the escalator like Gandalf and the Balrog in LotR. Slumped in a heap at the footr of the escalator, only inches from the teeth of the escalator, they struggled for minutes trying to get up. Each time they rose the escalator knocked them down.

A very helpful member of London Transport announced over the loudspeaker: 'Stop messing about on the escalator' to which Lanesra replied 'turn the f***** thing off then!' as he went down for the third time. Helpful passengers on the down escalators were ROTFLTAO.

Lanesra is covered in scratches and bruises, his hand, arm and back are hurting but I expect his pride was the most hurt. Really, it's getting to the stage where I can't let him out on his own. The match was a draw, I hate to think what would have happened if we had won.

Keith's response to the whole episode was a drunken 'are you sure we got on the right escalator?'

I am encouraging Lanesra to get a tape of the incident from the close circuit cameras under the Data Protection Act.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 03-11-2002, 10:57 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

ROFLMAO!!!!
Old 03-11-2002, 11:02 AM   #3
norompanlasolas

lol... [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

every time i imagine them struggling to get up in the escalator i [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2002, 11:03 AM   #4
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I must admit I didn't notice anything at the time...

BTW Donut, what was up with your boys in that match? Didn't seem to go all that well really, did it? Admittedly I know enough about football to cover a small postage stamp.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 03-11-2002, 05:08 PM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Looking forward to Lanesra's version of events - not expecting them to be as well written as his brother's tale though . What did it measure (the earth tremor) on the Richter scale? Can we get world wide syndication rights to the tape - I'd like to see that .
Old 03-11-2002, 05:17 PM   #6
Melusorick!
The Magister

ROTFLMFAO!!!!! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Edit: whoops... It's Mel

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: Melusorick! ]

Old 03-11-2002, 08:43 PM   #7
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Although a man of infinate wisdom Bronut has never managed to grasp the rules of a three day twister match.The incident mentioned in the title thread was infact the culmination of such an event.

All was well untill we left the part of the station which wasn't moving (which wasn't much of it at this point)and climbed onto the escalator'Keith was trying to achieve a left hand red,right leg blue scenario(a very difficult move as anyone who's played twister will tell you)when the tightness of his jeans caused by the aforementioned 10 pints [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] restricted his movement causing him to topple backwards.Now me being the consumate sportsman deccided to forget the £100 wager and tried to save my opponent..he on the other hand was desperate for the £100 and took the F**K it if i'm going so is he attitude resulting in the tremor mentioned by Bronut.

London transport staff arrived quickly onto the scene (5 mins late due to points failure)and tried to settle the contest only to be met by several questions as to why the escalator was not stopped so we could settle the contest fairly (he would never have got the Red/Blue combo)
After refusing the kind offer to call the police to settle the contest we decided to have a rematch on the day of the Arsenal v Newcastle replay...and thats what really happned

Bronut whilst i'm all up for a bit of artistic licence i feel a few points must be raised

When 32 stone of muscle hit the deck i'ts once not three times [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for struggling for minutes to get up, it happned on the escalator at Walthamstow not mount Killamanjaro [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway nice post bro if i do get the tape i'll share but the Barnes Wallace institute want it first..Cue dambusters theme

Maybe when Davros is over again we can try tag twister Davros & Donut versus Lanesra & Keith ..now that would be a tremmor [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'd like to laugh but it hurts

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: Lanesra ]

Old 03-11-2002, 09:10 PM   #8
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
London transport staff arrived quickly onto the scene (5 mins late due to points failure)and tried to settle the contest only to be met by several questions as to why the escalator was not stopped so we could settle the contest fairly (he would never have got the Red/Blue combo)
After refusing the kind offer to call the police to settle the contest we decided to have a rematch on the day of the Arsenal v Newcastle replay...and thats what really happned

I'd like to laugh but it hurts

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: Lanesra ]

Donut, I have 2 younger brothers and somehow I have managed to get away from both of them, with minimum entanglements at the least
Nothing personal Lanesra, but 10 pints for 32 stones is not a good ratio. How doe's your team expect to win like that? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2002, 09:16 PM   #9
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by *\Conan/*:

Nothing personal Lanesra, but 10 pints for 32 stones is not a good ratio. How doe's your team expect to win like that? [img]smile.gif[/img]

I know i'ts a disgrace we'll start earlier next time [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2002, 11:54 PM   #10
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

lol! for a minute I thought you were serious about an earthquake and was about to say "we have one every day in NZ".
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas