Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-03-2001, 03:39 PM   #11
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Charlie, I know that I am only a causal acquaintance at best, but I do feel sad that you are making the decision you are. If you think it is for the best, then I am behind you 100%. I'm not going to try to say I understand most of what you went through/going through, but I know that your posts have been some of the funnier/insightful/honest that I have come across. I know that your leaving probably won't affect that many of the people here. But it will affect the person who needs it the most: You.

The beauty of it is that you have our email addresses and at any time can drop us a line to 'reach out and touch someone'. I know you are in for a bumpy ride, and from the sounds of it, I don't think Bumpy will be even close to the right words. Just know that you have people here who have spent a little time around you here and elsewhere on-line, and they have never met you, but are ready to talk/chat/email whenever you want. Sometimes it helps to have contact with someone totally outside of your sphere of existance. Talking to someone who has never been in your shoes, just to get a fresh, different persective on life can make a difference. You know who we are, and we will be here when you need us.

You story has touched me. Can't really express in words how, but I just wanted you to know that it has.

May you find peace, my friend.

Henry
Old 05-03-2001, 03:40 PM   #12
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Charlie my friend, you earned my respect in one of your firsts posts man!
And you´re are not loosing it. Every man is a river only that man can follow or run dry.

I too write as I think and sometimes I do censur on myself, I keep to quiet and such. But well, only buts left I think.

For what it´s worth, you still got my respect, and my friendship, have good it can be over the net. It is there, and if you leave us now, I can understand it, but I wont like it , that you can´t change, cause I will miss you.

So no more sob sob. You´re river ever passes by close, give me howler and we can have a couple of beers and some laughs mate!!

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-03-2001, 04:20 PM   #13
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Charlie, you are a well respected member of this community and a friend. It doesn't matter whether you did drugs before or not, you have earned our respect. You have treated us as friends, and I would be proud to call you one as well. Not all of us have been stellar in our earlier lives (I maybe didn't have drug addiction, but I have had evils of my own.) It is sad that you feel you need to go, but I think I understand how you feel. When I was younger, I started to get into the field of drugs, but my step-father saved me. That's another reason that I was hit really hard by his death. What he told me is basically the same thing you stated up above. I left that scene and didn't turn back. I missed a lot from those days, but I wanted to survive. I felt I had no respect back then. Today, I don't demand respect from anyone. I have it for myself. Well, I'm going off on another tangent, and I really don't want to do that here cause what I'm trying to say is that I understand that you feel you need to go, but know that there will be a place set by the hearth for you for whenever you decide to come back. If you don't come back, I just wanna wish you the best in the world. Take care my friend and good journeys.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 05-03-2001, 04:25 PM   #14
Epona
Zartan

Charlie, you have my utmost respect.
Best of luck in the future - I hope everything goes well for you.
This is a sad day for the board and I will miss you.
I don't know what else to say - I can't even read what I'm typing now.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.
Old 05-03-2001, 05:20 PM   #15
Stealthy

Charlie, for once I am speechless. More than ever I am honoured to be counted amongst your friends. A quick reply couldn't begin to do justice to your post, so I will refrain until tomorrow, when I will send you an e-mail to add to your collection! I won't try to talk you out of your decision, I just hope you keep in touch and return when you are ready.

Please do NOT remove your post, it is an invaluable lesson to those who stereotype people. You are a truly amazing guy and I am not suprised in the least, that you have made so many long-term friends. Seldom has a person, who I have never met face-to-face, affected me the way you have. I feel humbled. I feel sorry for those who have only known you briefly, as it has been a privalege to be able to chat and know you, although I doubt anybody can say they really DO know you. Take care my friend.

------------------

My doctor told me to eat more, but all this spam hasn't helped.

Click here for the album site.

Shadow Mage of the OHF.

Funny Bone of the LH
Old 05-03-2001, 06:04 PM   #16
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Charlie, I'll be e-mailing you with some thoughts of my own on various things. However I do want to say best of luck, there will be a great big hole in the board that cant be filled. You ever need anyfuckingthing you know where to find us. Your a great friend so I'll miss you
Old 05-03-2001, 06:07 PM   #17
turbovee
Elminster

Charlie,

You are a real trooper. You know I already knew about some of your past from what you have told me before. I don't condemn you for anything or think any less of you. As your true friend its my duty to you to understand and support your decision no matter what the reason. Don't get me wrong if I were there I would stand in your way if you made a decision that would ultimately be dangerous for you. Dude, I would stand in front of a bus for you. You know that I will miss you. I don't want you to feel like you're abandoning anyone here. You have your life to live and it is not my place to tell you how to live it. I send you the love of a brother on your trip down the path you must travel. I wish it didn't have to be this way, but real life doesn't work like that. You have been a great friend Charlie and I wish you all the best. Take care of yourself. I know you won't forget us, but don't forget that we will always be here for you when you return.

------------------

The sexiest elf mage in the land
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 05-03-2001, 07:07 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:
Charlie,

You are a real trooper. You know I already knew about some of your past from what you have told me before. I don't condemn you for anything or think any less of you. As your true friend its my duty to you to understand and support your decision no matter what the reason. Don't get me wrong if I were there I would stand in your way if you made a decision that would ultimately be dangerous for you. Dude, I would stand in front of a bus for you. You know that I will miss you. I don't want you to feel like you're abandoning anyone here. You have your life to live and it is not my place to tell you how to live it. I send you the love of a brother on your trip down the path you must travel. I wish it didn't have to be this way, but real life doesn't work like that. You have been a great friend Charlie and I wish you all the best. Take care of yourself. I know you won't forget us, but don't forget that we will always be here for you when you return.
You home, elfboss? sign in...

CB

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-03-2001, 08:40 PM   #19
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

charlie man, i cant say i've been there done that, but i've walked part of your path. i can say i feal you man. and you have my respect, and my understanding.
Be strong, we are behind you, even if you cant quite see us.

------------------

*Lord of the Screen Shot*
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 05-04-2001, 12:43 AM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Bumping... because... well ... because I have to...

Amber/Cloudy