Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-04-2001, 12:38 PM   #1
DougRiver
Welcomed New User

The game is freezing up every time Cet curses Kerah. I have downloaded the patch. What else can I do?? I haven't had this problem until now and being this close to the end but not being able to finish (or even play) is quite frustrating.

Thanks for your help!
DougRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 12:44 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

This is a very buggy area of the game. You may try increasing the size of your swap file. To do this, right-click on "My Computer" on the desktop, and choose "Properties". When the property sheet comes up, click on the "Performance" tab. Near the bottom right, click on the "Virtual Memory" button. Choose the radio button that says "Let me manage my Virtual Memory settings" (this is the Swap file). Make sure the Minimum size is at least 300 (MB). If it isn't, set it to 300 and click OK.

You may need to restart the computer to get the settings to take effect; I don't remember. Anyway, it's best to reboot anytime you make a system change like this.

Hopefully, this will solve the problem. It seems to be a lack of virtual memory, from what I've seen with others with this problem.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 01:19 AM   #3
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I noticed that I had to turn off a few(except Explorer. a big no-no) of my running applications (using alt+ctrl+delete) that decreased the amount of the 'dragging of feet' action during the game.

what's your opinion of this type action?

------------------
Adam Mage/Warlock
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 10:08 PM   #4
DougRiver
Welcomed New User

That did it. Thanks a lot! Unfortunately I was whisked off to dragon story land before I could check out the treasure chests. Arrgh!! Oh well, I was gonna play the game through again...this time doing things the right way (like not killing Scanthril right away and actually doing more in the Stout Mines than just getting dragon armor).
DougRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 09:40 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board and CONGRATS Doug!!!!

Glad to hear that you're going to play through again! Hope we will see more of you on the board!

Wyv

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 09:46 AM   #6
Moni

Yay Doug!

Congrats on the win and hope you enjoy your second playthrough!

Welcome to the forum!

(I got into those chests while Cet was talking LOL...ended up standing there looting them while he attempted to attack us...my roomate laughed at me until he saw how easy it was for us to finish stuffing out pockets with loot and then just walk over and thwap the big head a few times hee hee hee!)

Moni

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 04-09-2001).]