Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-01-2001, 10:54 PM   #1
Zarthander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So far, my party consists of Zarthander an elven archer( your's truely, 60% of all kills in party, he whips ass and then some ), Jaheira, Minsc, Aerie, and Yoshimo (soon to be replaced by Imoen). I have one slot left, and I beg the question, should I get Edwin or Keldorn. Though Edwin is evil, and I have a good aligned party, it would bring down my rep, but that doesn't bother me. I heard he's the best mage in the game, and my experiences thus far conclude that one can never have too many mages. I also heard Keldorn is a powerhouse and kicks ass with the holy avenger. Who do you think would benefit my party the most? Or if anyone has a suggestion of someone other than these two, let me know. Thanks

------------------

---------------------
"Cry cheese and let loose the hamsters of war!!! Evil fear for your rear ends, for no butt shall remain un-kicked!! Right, Boo?"
Old 09-01-2001, 10:58 PM   #2
zNOVAz
The Magister

Edwin! If yo uare in a situation where you need more "grunts" than he can just make some! And hes just,,,,, cool.
Old 09-02-2001, 01:11 AM   #3
Lestat
Manshoon

Edwin, Keldorn dies in every battle, well for me anyway. Edwin won't bring your rep down, just make sure it doesn't go above 18.
Old 09-02-2001, 01:19 AM   #4
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

If you need an extra melee fighter go with Keldorn, he's GREAT with gloves of dexterity, girdle of hill giant strength and Carsomyr +5. It's a 1d12+5 weapon and it does extra 5 damage to evils. Almost %90 of the monsters are evil so let's say that it's the only +10 sword in game.

Edwin is a GREAT mage he's got a special ring and also his conjurer class lets him cast more spells than ANY mage. But he's evil. I consider important roleplaying and I'm a good boy (yeah goody goody party so edwin not my style but he's a great mage in all conditions
Old 09-02-2001, 02:33 AM   #5
Zarthander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the feedback guys. This forum rocks, all my questions are answered within minutes
Old 09-02-2001, 06:17 AM   #6
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

I never played before with any evil character, never liked them. But Edwin would be my choice I think, just to try

------------------
I pledged my vows to Torm - Mirac Honorguard (Undead Hunter)
Old 09-02-2001, 06:44 AM   #7
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

am new to forum i have BG2 compleet playt out on hard no cheats but i haven't
playt it for a wile and am stuck ... see in new topic