Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 12-08-2001, 04:31 AM   #1
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

When I started this game my chacter had these funny looking black lines comming off of him I went into the options and swithed off shadows and it helped but theyre still around any ideas??Also is that it for inventory space,and is there a quicker way back to town after going in level 1 etc?? thanks ...John the newby
Old 12-08-2001, 06:51 AM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by john:
When I started this game my chacter had these funny looking black lines comming off of him I went into the options and swithed off shadows and it helped but theyre still around any ideas??Also is that it for inventory space,and is there a quicker way back to town after going in level 1 etc?? thanks ...John the newby

Black lines.......hmmmm - not sure. Just make sure your video drivers are up to date and DirectX is functioning OK. Perhaps Mogadon's excellent hardware troubleshooting guide will help. It is to be found here. (I also believe Mogadon pops in here from time to time under the name of Gadzooks )

That's it for inventory space - sorry. There is nothing to stop you leaving stuff lying about in town if you like, It won't disappear like in D2

Use the "Town Portal" spell by learning it or buying scrolls.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 07:24 PM   #3
Sir Ragnar
Welcomed New User

I had black lines like "shooting behind" my characters. I was using WIN98se, Direct X 8.1 (4.08.01.0881), and an Intel 810e Chipset (ver PV3.2) Graphics Driver (DC133 FSB 133), 4.11.01.1321, 10-22-99. When I updated the 810e to 4.11.01.2546, 1-13-2000, the black lines disappeared.

I got the chipset driver updated from the Intel support site, support.intel.com/graphics/810

Hope this helps you.

Oh yeah, I have found the people in town really nice, the just walk over the stuff I have accidentally stored there.
Sir Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 07:04 PM   #4
Gadzooks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Note: when DS originally shipped, 24 bit textures were the highest you could get, but DS does support some level of adjusting it's 24 bit internal textures to 32 bit textures (command line option -32bit). Using this option sometimes helps eliminate black lines. But the best fix is to update the drivers. DX and NVidia based cards experience strange video wierdness until you get to DX 8.1 (or 8.0a) and install the latest reference drivers from NVida (dated after October 12 of 2001)